Rocketry Nirvana Co.

Disclaimers:

Spoiler

- Wall texts.

- Hopefully noone is offended by usage of possibly known ideas or mechanics.

- Miner has undergone 2 test trips, once as prototype and once as final state.

- Colonizer has yet to be tested.

- Oxylite route lacks testing.

Intro:

Spoiler

Hi there! I've always checked out other builds and tried my own but never contributed, this is my way of trying to give back. I avoided struggling with rocket interiors for a long time and cleaned more pees than im proud to admit, until I had enough. So I focused myself even more time than previously figuring out how to avoid it until I came up with this. Hopefully you guys can enjoy it.

Goals:

Spoiler

These rockets are designed to be restocked on main planet or via launchers. Trying to reach maximum automation aswell as comfort. I wanted my pilots to be able to live in their rockets and never leave, aswell as have top skills without having to reskill anyone. That meant having all three top tier rooms aswell as some other comodities.

The rockets are designed to work with either algae, oxylite or gas cargo tank. Depending on the rocket and the stage at where you find yourself. For food it's designed around Berry Sludge which doesn't perish, if you don't have that you will need to do some work around that.

Issues:

Spoiler

- Right now temperature still has to be micromanaged due to lack of testing and possible automation of wort without exploiting. Temps are pretty stable, ideally would hover over 20ºc due to being the middle ground between Buddy Bud and Gulp Fish, but Buddy Bud potentially isn't really necesary so there's a wider range. Example: without the wort active temps raised 1-2ºc in an 8 tiles travel, having only the Gulp Fish as cooling source, if wort were active I bet and from previous testing most probably temps would otherwise hover downwards, but right now I'm priming the system upwards because it was at 8-9ºc. I've sucesfully maintained it on the same temp for quite a while during construction with the wort active, and previous testing showed excess of cooling.

- The 2 gasses bug, makes it so water gets stored infinetly in the bedroom, which stops the whole water system from working. The system has a large backup storage, but every now and then you will have to either mop the 1 tile with water so PO2 moves and stops the bug, resetting whole system and making it work again, or downgrade from comfy bed to cot and install sweepy so he mops automatically keeping the system running, another option could be a deodorizer but I haven't tested that. This involves again micromanagement from time to time unless you install sweepy.

- This is a miner rocket and as such it needs a cargo bay, to make the system work I picked up a small cargo bay and with the unloader inside you can dump as much as you need to complete the drilling process, which gains us engine height to power the rocket but involves minimal micromanagement due to having to activate the unloader. You can skip that by always having it active but I'm not sure if it will consume power always, but dumping all the materials mined will for sure mess with the temps, thats why you can micromanage to use it minimally.

- The colonizer hasn't been tested yet, but it works with the same principles except for the atmo suits. We give up storage "automation" by having to remove it before launch to install the Rocket Control Station, aswell as the light and it's automation, to be able to fit the atmosuits.

The Miner:

Spoiler

Features:

Spoiler

- Washroom, Bedroom, Great Hall combo.

- Soda.

- Water sieving.

- Temp control.

- Food and normal storage, aswell as infinite solid cargo.

- Works on Algae or Oxy.

- Current engine is Radbolts, limited height but working. It has small cargo bay, battery and two solar panels.

- Minimal testing but very succesful.

- Minimal micromanagement, lots of morale, lack of need of reskills.

How it looks:

Spoiler

78feeccbd9b00f58adeeab325869b9bf.png

Rooms Layout:

Spoiler

878f23a38e91b01fda8418e036336335.png

Atmo Layout:

Spoiler

1fe7be8d7499e4aa6ab97899dd0e727b.png

Gas Layout:

Spoiler

5a808289f77ad93c8573cdc65401921e.png

How it works:

Spoiler

- Enters the system, sensor is set to O2, backup bridge to avoid port issues, followed by CO2 Warning sensor for plumbing, CO2 stacker for efficient storage, finished by CO2 storage.

Automation Layout:

Spoiler

8e972a65a2d03879a580361e4e57060b.png

How it works:

Spoiler

- CO2 Control is set to trigget when it detects a pack lower than 400g.

-O2 Filter is made out of element sensor set to O2 tied to a vent.

- Light to improve working speed.

- Warning is the automation to tell us to plumb either CO2 or Water, the filter is set to maximum, liquid sensor to water and gas to CO2.

- Storage Control allows you to use a small cargo bay and still collect all the drillcone has to offer. It comes with automation for easier temperature control.

- O2 Control is set to trigger below 1400, this is to ensure a good atmo without capping the pressure so our O2 filter works and is never overpressurized.

- Water filter is set to polluted water so the gulp fish can do his job.

Liquid Layout:

Spoiler

1e587c8c78d2e937ead7e6eb27e40fe8.jpg

How it works:

Spoiler

- Water enters the system, joins without troubling or problems into the main grid, gets filtered by the element sensor set to polluted water, and is sent to feed the needs. Excess will be stored on the water storage piping, while being able to rejoin the system if need be, aswell as the need for a backup bridge so flow is correct and ensured. If water were to back up too much due to lack of planting a plant (system has an excess of 1.7kg water per bathroom use) it would trigger the other element sensor set to water with an automation filter set to maximum, this will send a message through automation and plumbing will have to be done.

Decor Layout:

Spoiler

a2af142f3d2d791d07fb1123b461d79b.png

The colonizer:

Spoiler

Features:

Spoiler

- Same as the miner but sacrificing storage (certain micromanagement added), due to having to remove it to install Rocket Control Station, aswell as the light. We change solids unloader for another pump so it can run on algae or oxylite instead of the gas cargo, aswell as change some automation and piping so we can actually run the suits on those from inside the rocket.

- Atmosuits.

- Total lack of testing, excepting that most of the system is the same as the miner, only real change would be the atmosuit part.

How it looks:

Spoiler

805ee81d2e204d0c42b5ef099290842c.jpg

Atmo Layout:

Spoiler

afe9b49e274efd1a2c0384b38bdb1b7c.png

Gas layout:

Spoiler

3633f87ab032399a71d0b63853dd1035.png

How it works:

Spoiler

- Starts stacking both pumps, goes to main grid and first sensor set to O2 and prioritizes atmosuits, then we filter out CO2 until O2 backs up from filling atmosuits. Then it will continue into the previous system where O2 will be sensored and expelled and CO2 stored.

Automation layout:

Spoiler

caf649e9bbfe0c1ccf5c0064fae53176.png

How it works:

Spoiler

- First vent is O2, second is set to CO2, that way we make sure all the CO2 is dumped before the atmosuits, once the atmosuits back up of O2 the rest of the system will kick in.

The rest of the layouts are the same as the miner.

Priming the system:

Spoiler

Like every good system it has to be primed, with this I mean prepared to the optimal situation. For this you need to make sure of a few things:

- You need an entire tile of 1t of water with the gulp fish, this is to ensure that he has space to swim and keep laying eggs (if he can't swim he can't lay eggs). Aswell as to make sure the system works as designed with the waterfall and all.

- You need water backed up in the system. In reality you just need one run of bathroom if you have the rest of the system primed, but it's better to have the entire main grid filled.

- Obviously you need to bring in food, algae or oxylite, and ideally phosporite for the wort. The oxylite storage should be placed where the oxygen diffuser is placed to avoid contact with CO2.

- Temps should be 20ºc or below, it depends on where you want Buddy Bud or not, but the colder the better for the gulp fish and he will tend to the 9ºc which is what he dumps the water at (afaik). But should be kept on gulp livable range for sure.

- This is not really priming but involves maintain, has been said before but as a reminder. You need to make sure you have water in the main grid/storage, or else you need to mop/sweepy the water on top of the airflow tile to the right of the bed, so you avoid the 2 gas bug and infinite water storage, otherwise when the system empties it wont keep on working, once you mop it, it restarts until gases bug it again but you will have regained all water storage with 1 sweep.

Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions, hopefully this helps someone. Sorry if I overdid it or forgot something, tried to make it clear for everyone and it got late. Best of wishes, don't be too mean! Much love.

Thank you both for the kind words! Most people use that word, compact sounds about right. I desire as much content as possible but I'm afraid of loosing my game when changing, aswell as it took quite some time to come up with this design. It can always be improved but I don't know when I'll try.

I tried, but it was getting late and myself tired. Thanks, Frankie does love his own wastes with his soda.

Much love.

10 hours ago, Twf3d said:

The Miner:

Hide contents

Liquid Layout:

Hide contents

1e587c8c78d2e937ead7e6eb27e40fe8.jpg

If you changed backup into "priority", you'd have ensured bathroom water, with all the excess being available both to bathroom and soda.

The colonizer:

Hide contents

Gas layout:

Hide contents

3633f87ab032399a71d0b63853dd1035.png

Why two small gas pumps? If you rotated the water pump, you could have a big pump here.

Also a tiny decor hint: aero pots could be placed right below roof last time I checked. Diamond pots have better decor than moulding. Though you probably max out anyway.

16 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

If you changed backup into "priority", you'd have ensured bathroom water, with all the excess being available both to bathroom and soda.

Why two small gas pumps? If you rotated the water pump, you could have a big pump here.

Also a tiny decor hint: aero pots could be placed right below roof last time I checked. Diamond pots have better decor than moulding. Though you probably max out anyway.

Heys! I was really tired while making the post and it was long enough so I forgot bits here and there. Yes piping I'm sure can be improved in that regard, aswell as more optimization of space, I just went through a lot of designing until I got here and it was in-game not sandbox, so I was a bit tired and have left imperfect piping but functional. Thanks for the note I'll add it in the main post so people can sort it.

As for the small gas pumps, right now I'm not sure because I'm not focused, but I think to remember that the big pump is more efficient overall, but with 2 minipumps is enough for one duplicant, cutting down on half the power and probably half the heat. This is all of course  theoryzied as the colonizer hasn't been tested yet. The idea behind the second pump is to be able to provide for the atmosuits, just enough. I was playing with atmospheric pressures for gas control, so that's why all together I think I went with smaller. Also Oxylite might be a problem because gas automation is around pressure control as I said, so it needs testing really. Could change from pressure control to another route if need be, go with high pressure vents and big pump with oxylite. I just haven't had the time in-game.

As for the diamond pots I'm not sure what you refer to, the one I have like the great hall can be mostly rearranged moving everything around, but the moulding on the bedroom is necesary for the bedroom bonus and there's no space for a diamond pot, if you check all the layouts, every single space of the rocket is accounted for. In that corner there's the moulding, the liquid vent, the liquid sensor, and the automation trumpet to warn of the system backing up. So there's no space for the diamond pot, but as you say it maxes out on +12 morale gorgeus, and the moulding is enough for the bonus so I gain 1 space with it.

Thanks for reading and the feedback! Much love.

PS: RN Rockets are at stable 40 morale.

Archived