Conveyor meter sending 8 food units instead of one

I'm loving the new meters, but the conveyor meter is misbehaving when I'm sending edibles.

I want to send 1 ration (i.e. 1000 g) of pickled meal to another planet every day. So with my cycle sensor and the conveyor meter set to one day I was thinking all good. However, when I checked the behavior at daybreak, this is what I see:20210808115105_1.thumb.jpg.ad46903dafa082fe58cb4d2e55eef252.jpg

8 rations are being sent.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

11 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

How does your automation overlay looks? When automation of meter is set to green, it resets and it can only be used as a valve.

I had the cycle sensor directly connected to the meter. But it turns out the green signal was too long and it kept resetting the meter a few times. So I modified it a bit such to send a pulse. The filter is set to 0.1s, see below. Now it works as expected.

20210808234131_1.thumb.jpg.f41bf842605c994456424b9119a7f831.jpg

As I added in this bug report, even a reset signal as short as 0.1 second can cause extra packets to be ejected if you are unlucky.
I have also added a workaround for the bug in the report, but you may find it troublesome as it makes automation a bit more complicated.

This bug will probably not occur very often, and if it does, it will only cause one extra packet to be ejected, not a shortage.
If you don't need to be strictly accurate, it may be wiser to tolerate a small error than to apply a tedious workaround.

1 hour ago, kbn said:

I have also added a workaround for the bug in the report, but you may find it troublesome as it makes automation a bit more complicated.

Sorry, I stand corrected.
After thinking about it, in the OP's case, the bug workaround didn't need to be too complicated.

The way to work around the bug, in summary, is just to reset it while the power is off.
Since the original trigger was by a cycle sensor, the bug workaround can be achieved by simply adding a separate cycle sensor to turn off the power.
kai.thumb.png.2247a5ceed963c5f1da17c33932a7e58.png

@kbn, nice solution, would you think that a not gate would work too or is it important that the power outage window is larger than the trigger window.

[edit]

just read your bug report, i guess the power needs to be out before you trigger the meter reset.

If you're cycling your unsent food back (and I hope you are, 1,000kg is a lot of food to leave sitting in a loader) you can use the output of the conveyor meter to control the autosweeper or conveyor loader.

Here's my uranium metering system for example

image.png.ef4b35aaa140d51900808c83add0ac26.png

Just slapped a not gate on it, and the conveyor loader will only send stuff down the rail when it's needed, the rest then cycles back to a conveyor chute so that it doesn't sit on the input for the conveyor meter. Can also try something with a conveyor shutoff immediately before the meter if the loader/sweeper are to far away.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, Nematrec said:

If you're cycling your unsent food back (and I hope you are, 1,000kg is a lot of food to leave sitting in a loader) you can use the output of the conveyor meter to control the autosweeper or conveyor loader.

I have my loader in my freezer so I don't care, but I like your tip. Next time I'm in the early game I'll definitely try it.

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

interesting about this is that reset amount button works correctly.

also fastest what i get is with this, 2 units, i not see how i can make even faster, that must be delay in game code

Look carefully, my automation is different, I don't use the output of the conveyor meter, this allows you to make it 0.1 s to shoot mostly one unit. However, as @kbn pointed out, this is still not failsafe, use his method if you need exact delivery.

32 minutes ago, Jann5s said:

Look carefully, my automation is different, I don't use the output of the conveyor meter, this allows you to make it 0.1 s to shoot mostly one unit. However, as @kbn pointed out, this is still not failsafe, use his method if you need exact delivery.

your setup have reset delay that causes output 8 units even if you make it 1 unit

now look my setup carefully

27 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

your setup have reset delay that causes output 8 units even if you make it 1 unit

now look my setup carefully

I was referring to this post (the 3rd one in the thread):

That setup works fine (except for an extra packet occasionally on game load)

The question evolved :D. I started with an issue, then someone pointed me to automation and I fixed it. I posted the solution in the thrid post. Interrestingly, kbn and Nematrec came with additional knowledge. I think this is how forums work.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:44 PM, Jann5s said:

Now it works as expected.

1 hour ago, Jann5s said:

The question evolved :D. I started with an issue, then someone pointed me to automation and I fixed it. I posted the solution in the thrid post. Interrestingly, kbn and Nematrec came with additional knowledge. I think this is how forums work.

well, there is still gamebug what causes output 2 units instead off 1. question what cause this? does time go out-off sync?

Archived