Freshness recovery system

When you put old barbeque into this device, it comes out as 100% fresh.
20210803013112_1.thumb.jpg.38ee2f262d85c04370313065ae6c5e99.jpg

I will save the save data, so please try it if you are interested.
You can see what's going on by actually looking at it.
FRS.sav

Base mechanism
 - If the difference in freshness is within ± 10%, the foods will coalesce.
 - The freshness of the combined food is overwritten by the freshness of the "food that was at the combined destination".

Example:
 - If you add barbeque [1kg,100%] to a refrigerator containing barbeque [2kg,93%], it will become barbeque [3kg,93%].
 - If you drop a barbeque [2kg,93%] from above onto a barbeque [1kg,100%] on the ground, it will become a barbeque [3kg,100%].

A few points
 - The barbeque pieces are sent to a contaminated oxygen chamber with a time delay of about 130 seconds. This creates barbeque pieces with a 9.2% difference in freshness.
 - By closing the airlocks in sequence, the barbeque pieces are moved and combined together. If the airlock is closed too fast, the order in which the barbeque pieces are combined may be distorted, so the process is set to proceed at a slightly slower pace.
 - When all the combining is complete, the barbeque is 100% fresh. The finished product has gained 11g from the original mass due to the merging process, so the increased 11g is shaved off and returned to the system, and the remaining barbeque is output as the deliverable.

Well, this is an experimental system, not practical in gameplay.
As you can see, this system needs to maintain accurate freshness, which is why we use deep freeze.
I'm sure many will notice it. If deep freeze can be used, there is no need to restore freshness in the first place ...
But even if it's not practical, there are probably people who like this.

9 minutes ago, kbn said:

- When all the combining is complete, the barbeque is 100% fresh. The finished product has gained 11g from the original mass due to the merging process, so the increased 11g is shaved off and returned to the system, and the remaining barbeque is output as the deliverable.

Are you sure about that? I've seen combined food gaining freshness but as soon as a dupe eats any of it the freshness goes down as if the dupe only eats the freshest part, and the 100% freshness is just a statistical illusion.

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Are you sure about that? I've seen combined food gaining freshness but as soon as a dupe eats any of it the freshness goes down as if the dupe only eats the freshest part, and the 100% freshness is just a statistical illusion.

What happens when you split a combined pile again? Do both parts stay at 100% freshness? Or do you end up with one stale and one fresh pile?

7 hours ago, Saturnus said:

As far as I have tested, this has not happened.
I put 5kg of barbecue that had been allowed to rot to about 25% freshness into the freshness recovery system to bring it to 100%, and then fed it to the duplicant, and there was no sudden decrease in freshness.
I also looked at the time it took for the recovered barbecue to go bad again, and it was the same as normal new barbecue.

Therefore, I believe the system is restoring freshness as expected, but am I perhaps missing something?
If what you are saying is correct, then I will need to change the name of the system to "Freshness Faking System".

Archived