Food Preservation Design for the most recent update

I tried to put something together to meet the conditions needed to preserve food entirely instead of just needing a sterile atmosphere. If you haven't gotten the info from the patch notes you'll notice you can't maintain food rotting completely unless you meet another conditions alongside "sterile atmosphere": deep freeze. If food reached temperatures below -18 degrees C and is in a sterile atmosphere, it will be preserved indefinitely. 

After finding this out, I built a contraption to meet both requirements. This is my first run with it and I'll see later if this can be sustained permanently. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Screenshot (3).png

I revised the automation because my first build as shown had a deep freeze preservation efficacy rate of about 85% per cycle on average. 

After about 3 more tries to hit higher efficacy, I came up with this. This "should" have an efficacy of at least 98% per cycle...

Screenshot (5).png

I just use an aqua-tuner with some radiant pipes, running petroleum as the coolant.  A single H2 generator being powered by excess hydrogen from my spom runs it.  No it doesn't run non-stop and brown outs after a few seconds, but that's all it needs to maintain the temps once everything's been cooled down.

I've seen other folks using the air conditioner unit, but I like the aqua-tuner better as I can stick it into a steam chamber and eventually use its heat.

44 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I just use an aqua-tuner with some radiant pipes, running petroleum as the coolant.  A single H2 generator being powered by excess hydrogen from my spom runs it.  No it doesn't run non-stop and brown outs after a few seconds, but that's all it needs to maintain the temps once everything's been cooled down.

I've seen other folks using the air conditioner unit, but I like the aqua-tuner better as I can stick it into a steam chamber and eventually use its heat.

Yeah ik late-mid game solutions would be ez pz to come up with. I was trying to figure out an early-mid game solution that can last potential your entire save. I revised the automation and this is what I got. This is fool proof so a dupe can't get locked in and most likely keeps it frozen forever.

Pic 1 is the cooling solution

Pic 2 is the freezer

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (6).png

Except the wooden mod and new food mod its still vanilla. I use wheezewort to shock frost food and vacuum package them. Easy design, no power needed for cooling. The wheezeworts also cool my water and oxygen aswell. As u can see the hydrogen is at -218C / 60k.

5F20949F-8D21-41A7-B148-1F01A5DB9F5D.jpeg

Archived