Game crash when mods are installed

Hi all!
My game crashes as soon as I install a mod, any mod. My computer is a high-end, custom water cooled pc that can run this game easily, the drivers are up to date and I tried to reinstall the game, I have even tried it on all three harddisks but it doesn't make a change. I will add a screenshot of the crash. I hope that anybody can help me because playing with mod makes life a lot easier ;-)

Thanks in advance, Cadilu

Capture.JPG

1. wrong forum, you may want to post this in the bugs section.

2. what do you play? base game or DLC early access?

Base game bug forum https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/

DLC bug forum https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni_so/

3. try to make an exception in your antivirus for the game folders and try again. Sometimes they dont like DLL-injections from different folders and such.

Sorry, for the wrong place, I will make another post in the right place.

I do play with the the Spaced Out dlc. My husband plays the game and has no issues. I have tried to change the antivirus but that did not solve it. The only thing that I can think of is a complete reinstall of my pc but that's something I'm not looking forward to.

Thanks for your reply!

The cause of this can actually be that mods don't even install. If you click on "more info" it will probably say that some directory hasn't been found.

I currently have this issue. Steam claims it's downloading the mods, but nothing is being installed. Both the SteamApp and the MyDocuments mod folder are empty. It seems even the Steam download folder is empty. So the game is expecting (how, even?) something and not finding it.

It's very weird. ONI is the only game that does that

Archived