Building with spiders

It's like trying to build but with 300 toddlers taking your tools and standing where you want to build. I spent an entire 4 days building a home for the spiders.(very small and simple mind you) but quite literally had to walk back and forth and place 1 fence and take another minute just pushing my way thru spiders to repeat the process.

I just gave up and used the pan like 4 times and finished the home. Please just let the webby whistle have the option to position befriended spiders somewhere by hovering it over land.

And no I wont use the shoobox because that's a waste of meat and a detriment to anyone that likes not being shot by 30 spitters acting like a firing squad. Is it just me who has to deal with this as webber or am I a minority? ;-;

Tbh I consider that Webber’s second main con now, besides not being able to use pigs for chopping trees. You either stand in “combat ready” mode or stand in builder/worker mode. And to switch between those two you have to spend/gather meat.

Sounds perfectly fair to me.

1 hour ago, CaRat said:

And no I wont use the shoobox because that's a waste of meat and a detriment to anyone that likes not being shot by 30 spitters acting like a firing squad. Is it just me who has to deal with this as webber or am I a minority? ;-;

If you play with others you have no other choice but to make a pen away from wherever the others are. Using the shoo box in a base or near other players is the new webber griefing meta. A tallbird move.

You cant consider that a con because that doesn't effect webber it effects the person playing. Specifically it effects anyone that likes building(or any fun actions like walking, standing still, chopping, mining, picking up items, and playing the game). its not a downside its just a rage inducing side effect of using a upside. Plus to swap them from defense you need to whistle and to set them to normal you need to have them hit something. You cant always have something to hit on standby. Also the fact that having a large amount of spiders still makes non defense mode terrible as well.

35 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If you play with others you have no other choice but to make a pen away from wherever the others are. Using the shoo box in a base or near other players is the new webber griefing meta. A tallbird move.

You do realize I was making a pen for the spiders away from everyone else, but I cant because the spiders wont let me build and I cant shoo them anywhere because someone will die because of it. Its like leaving a wild varg or ewcus its just inevitable before someone dies regardless of where I leave them because they wander (usually together) and end up killing anyone that thinks its a lone spider. its a loss either way because I cant make a pen and I cant shoo them without them killing someone. (also if it really was a downside I don't think a downside should mean insta death because you got too close to something that is unbreakable or water/void and all your spiders trap you)

1 hour ago, CaRat said:

You cant consider that a con because that doesn't effect webber it effects the person playing.

The game plays with this all the time. Many aspects of the game revolve around annoying the player. Lucy the axe, the pillars in the caves blocking your vision, the annoying insanity sounds, wagstaff’s vision, etc.

What I could agree is that I’m not sure if this  thing with Webber was something they considered would happen, or just happened as an oversight.

1 hour ago, CaRat said:

You do realize I was making a pen for the spiders away from everyone else, but I cant because the spiders wont let me build and I cant shoo them anywhere because someone will die because of it.

Put them temporally in backpacks on the ground, that’s fairly cheap. Or in chests, while you build the pen. It gives you about 4 and half days before they die without having to feed them. 

It doesn’t have to be a super complex pen to start, just a lure with 2 decorated pens is probably enough.

Archived