More variety in world generation

good idea  

87 members have voted

1. 1. question

• yes
    • no

5 hours ago, Waynel said:

I'd love to see some more variety when it comes to village setpieces. For instance, you can find this type of bunny village with cobblestone in dst caves :

150769065_dstbvillagesquare.thumb.png.9a23f188a3b7d07d40175572c1868a4b.png

but you will not find the pig counterpart unless you happen to roam around the first island in the Two Worlds chapter of adventure mode :

1568210988_pvillageadv.thumb.png.07fac53b16fa0821e59bdd92839bcae1.png

exactly what I was thinking of, bunny villages are random and there's variations of them but you can't say the same for pig villages

Guille absolutely correct - worldgen need some diversity. But I think main problem with it right now is:

Rivers:

• Have no actual purpose right now, since boat-bridges exist they old role as barrier between biomes isn't actual anymore
  • Too small to use boats as for travelling in them
  • Rarely have any fish in them too, usually they can get into them only from the ocean on random occasions

Honestly rivers need to be separate water biome with unique fish types and some more purpose in gameplay, same for lakes that sometimes appear on map, but they at least can be used as place for boat-base and kelp farm.

6 hours ago, Rylanor said:

Guille absolutely correct - worldgen need some diversity. But I think main problem with it right now is:

Rivers:

• Have no actual purpose right now, since boat-bridges exist they old role as barrier between biomes isn't actual anymore
  • Too small to use boats as for travelling in them
  • Rarely have any fish in them too, usually they can get into them only from the ocean on random occasions

Honestly rivers need to be separate water biome with unique fish types and some more purpose in gameplay, same for lakes that sometimes appear on map, but they at least can be used as place for boat-base and kelp farm.

I honestly think about this a lot...
Something I'd personally like to see is rivers being a genuine gameplay mechanic, like ponds but maybe you can wade across them. Maybe they'd have unique fish or other mechanics to go along with it. The huge blocks of "rivers" that currently exist feel somewhat clunky sometimes.

35 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I honestly think about this a lot...
Something I'd personally like to see is rivers being a genuine gameplay mechanic, like ponds but maybe you can wade across them. Maybe they'd have unique fish or other mechanics to go along with it. The huge blocks of "rivers" that currently exist feel somewhat clunky sometimes.

Yes ive wanted rivers for a while too and noticed the problems you have as well. Id like the rivers to be about 2 boats wide and seperate the mainland into chunks. The primary chunk you spawn on has all the necessary biomes, beef savannah, swamp, pig king, desert, etc while the chunks of land seperated by rivers have biomes like the 2nd deciduous forest, killer bee biome, 2nd forest. 

And i would love traditional bridges however i dont think you could make them function properly since the river still needs to be crossed by boats, so i was thiking of like a obelisk teleportal thing where you build one on each side of the river and you can teleport between them maybe at the cost of some sanity.

Archived