cant see the surface of a planet so i cant land on it

i have the fully uncovered space map. I have landed on a few other planets but  i cant figure out how to land on the moo planet i see the moos floating around i was able to drop some iron and igneous rock, for building a rocket platform. However i cant deploy my trailblazer module because i cant actually see any of the surface of the planet. I was able to lower the outline of the trailblazer down in the fog until it turned white like its a viable landing spot but it wont let me deploy it. Is this a bug or am i missing something 

Yeah it's a bug and it seems to happen a lot on the Moo planet. Only work around I have found for the time being is temporarily enable debug mode, reveal the surface, land the trailblazer, then disable debug mode. You should be able to proceed normally from there.

Happened to me on the ice planet. Debug was the only option. Seems extreme but that seems to be an issue from very early in the DLC launch that hasn't been totally fixed.

In my case the rocket with the trailblazer had no fuel left (travelled exactly 6 tiles, stranded in orbit but since it doesn't take fuel to land, I figured I'd be fine). I wonder if that's related?  Other planets I've visited the rocket always had fuel so I wonder if having fuel somehow is related to being able to view the surface. 

It seems like it reveals the map from the top dow until it encounters something that`s not vacuum. The moo moonlet has a ton of nat gas on top of it and it "blocks" the surface from being revealed. I had something similar with the swamp radioactive planet. It was offgasing through that giant hole in the middle and only the edges were barely revealed.

Now I'm wondering if it's related to how I discovered the ice planet. It was at the edge of vision from a rocket with a telescope on board. But when the rocket was in range of the planet I didn't click to oversee the planetoid. 

Other planets I've discovered and colonized I've clicked to view the planet before the telescope equipped rocket moved out of range. 

I say all this because I discovered the gassy moo asteroid and  have no issue viewing the surface. Same with the radioactive planetoid. 

On 7/8/2021 at 2:47 AM, EricKlei said:

In the next public testing update you will be able to click the Oversee Planetoid button or deploy a Rover/Trailblazer to re-reveal the surface.

An excellent solution!

Archived