How do I use Gas Inlet Fitting on rocket?

So, it have been a while since I played ONI (probably at least 6-8 months) and I decided to give it a try.

I have a steam rocket with a battery, a few solar panels, one gas cargo module and then then head. Inside, I wanted to fill it with oxygen for a research trip. Yet, even with the "gas inlet fitting built", I can find how to get the oxygen from the outside to the rocket. I was expecting a gas port on the gas cargo module, based on its description but it is not there.

What I am missing? The power outlet works perfectly, bringing power from the panels and the batery inside. But not the gas inlet.

Right now, I have all research that require radbolts and the two base science building done. So if it is that I am missing a building from a last level research, that would explain why I can't do it :)

Unless it is something else of course.

if i use this

18 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

I have a steam rocket with a battery, a few solar panels, one gas cargo module and then then head. Inside, I wanted to fill it with oxygen for a research trip.

when i try this out first time it was confusing for me as well but there is for that the separate stuff what needs build near rocket platform

other than that you need make sure you not mix input vs output, when you build at inside rocket self

First you need a gas loader (found in the oxygen tab) adjacent to your platform and pipe oxygen to it. It will have a gas input port.

Then, inside your spacefarer module, you place the gas inlet fitting (found under rocketry tab). Make sure it is connected to a vent and powered. It also acts as a filter, so you can select it and make sure it only lets oxygen out in your module.

Hope that makes sense!

1 hour ago, Yannick Vachon said:

You mean I must use the port from the payload opener instead of searching for ports on the rocket itself?

I tried building that building as close as possible to the rocket but it did not connect. Is there a way to make it work?

rocketinput.thumb.png.9e77ba50b33f8e65775c712cbba5d992.png

this how you input and output the materials to the rocket inventory, its totally different compared to base game

inside rocket you use the filterings for get the needed stuff from cargo

Archived