How do I get my gate to open the other direction

My gate is opening towards my enclosure when I want it to open away from my enclosure. No matter where I stand when I place it, no matter which angle I have the camera when I place it, it always seems to open the wrong direction. Is there a button to press to flip direction? I'm using a playstation controller.

Hm I didn't think gates had two separate sprites for inward and outward opening. But they seem to have that option for the original and garden skins, the wrought ones completely look the same. I'm testing it right now and if you want your gates to open outwards the enclosure you should be inside of it facing the way you want it to open. If you place the gate while outside of the enclosure it will always open inwards.

the direction of fence/wall also affects how your gates will be placed as well. The easiest way to see that is the ginger cookie skins for wood fence and gates. When you place a new wall/gate without any nearby wall/gate within a 1-wall radius, its outer side will always be the side facing your screen, like here

image.png.c4cb890fa57baf643c904289b119a223.png

So if you want your wall/gate to face/open in the proper direction, you have to rotate your screen when you place them.

However, you also have to keep in mind that if there's a wall close enough to where you want to place your gate/wall (within a 1 wall radius), the new gate/wall's direction will be dependent to the existing wall.

image.thumb.png.438b386ef0a5d21cd2f46e62f458c22a.png

I do not recommend mix-and-match because the gates will become confused, but eh, at least destroying the gates won't waste you any resources if you don't like how they look.

image.png.f8b31db64da45709ad906f22e45d32f5.png

Archived