Jump to content

Thoughts on Webber & monster meat


Recommended Posts

I've been giving Webber a try after the rework, & enjoying play them!

Been thinking about Webber's perk with monster meat & how he can eat it without downsides.

One thing that always bothered me is how dried monster meat only gives him hunger, if monster jerky's stats were altered for Webber to heal for 8 & give 10 sanity like small jerky does. Monster jerky only serves a purpose for prolong food, & the stat change wouldn't be game breaking or anything

Same with cooked & raw monster meat, it should share the stats with meat & cooked meat. For ex Webber monster meat cooked should heal for +3hp & raw +1hp

On the same note monster tartar would be alot more useful if it healed Webber for 20 health apposed to other survivor -20hp.

Let me know what you think? Would these changes fit Webber's character? Would this make them to op? Let's discuss & maybe we could see these changes in the future

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think the monster meat perk exists just to make webber more in-line with his fellow spiders. not really meant to be useful

it's fine in a pinch but changing the stats of monster meat doesn't matter at all once you get a crock pot

also i don't think webber particularly enjoys monster meat/jerky. he talks about how the meat smells foul and the jerky is really chewy. not super pleasant. 

he can eat it with no sanity or health penalties because his biology morphed with a spider and allows his gut to process that meat. doesn't mean it's good eating, unfortunately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A thin said:

I've been giving Webber a try after the rework, & enjoying play them!

Been thinking about Webber's perk with monster meat & how he can eat it without downsides.

One thing that always bothered me is how dried monster meat only gives him hunger, if monster jerky's stats were altered for Webber to heal for 8 & give 10 sanity like small jerky does. Monster jerky only serves a purpose for prolong food, & the stat change wouldn't be game breaking or anything

Same with cooked & raw monster meat, it should share the stats with meat & cooked meat. For ex Webber monster meat cooked should heal for +3hp & raw +1hp

On the same note monster tartar would be alot more useful if it healed Webber for 20 health apposed to other survivor -20hp.

Let me know what you think? Would these changes fit Webber's character? Would this make them to op? Let's discuss & maybe we could see these changes in the future

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not particularly related but one extra upside about his monster meat perk is he also doesn't lose sanity from eating rotting monster meats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

also i don't think webber particularly enjoys monster meat/jerky. he talks about how the meat smells foul and the jerky is really chewy. not super pleasant. 

He seems to really like Monster Tartare though. Perhap's it's the chef's touch that makes the change.

image.thumb.png.0f396652aa6873ccae168900de69feb6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

i think the monster meat perk exists just to make webber more in-line with his fellow spiders. not really meant to be useful

it's fine in a pinch but changing the stats of monster meat doesn't matter at all once you get a crock pot

also i don't think webber particularly enjoys monster meat/jerky. he talks about how the meat smells foul and the jerky is really chewy. not super pleasant. 

he can eat it with no sanity or health penalties because his biology morphed with a spider and allows his gut to process that meat. doesn't mean it's good eating, unfortunately 

This.
From a game design point of view it would seem that it’s actively NOT encouraged to only live of monster meat, and the clever way they did that was by not adding any other positive stat to it. Webber should seek better food sources and cook in a crock pot whenever he has a chance. 

The character that has perks on the same tone of what OP described, which allow her to bypass the crock pot entirely should you choose to, is Wurt. But that’s mostly because you should apply yourself to farming, or going to the moon island, to get to that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...