Webber still attacks spiders with the attack key

I was hoping the previous update would fix this, but it didn't. :-?

Pressing the attack key next to a spider will still attack it, even if it's not attacking me. This isn't the case for pigs for other characters, so I was kind of hoping this wouldn't be the case for spiders and webber. This makes it almost impossible to fight enemies in my spider den home unless I friend all spiders in the area first. When I come over with hounds chasing me or even when I'm trying to fight shadow demond I need to be extra careful not to attack spiders or I'm dead. I'll be fighting shadow monsters and attack my spiders instead of a shadow monster. Is their a mod to fix this or should I just not play webber for the same reason that I never played him before. I love this character, he's just not worth playing because of this little minor thing that will cause me to die at any moment just because I was standing closer to one of my spiders when attacking then the enemy I wanted to attack.

Idk about you guys but yesterday when I played, he did walk faster on sticky webbing. Was I just imagining it...?

As for the attack thing, I understand what people are asking for, but if you take away all means of attacking spiders, how will you start spider wars? I mean, what attack option will we have left?

Yes, this problem OP underlines was signaled multiple times (for example here) since Webber's rework came out. Should've been the priority, more-so since on mouse-click attack the safety is already in-check: "Attack is no longer the default action against spiders when playing as Webber". For some reason KLei overlooked the F-key attack all medium-to-advanced players use as default (to my knowledge only beginners default-attack using mouse button).

Archived