Idea Discussions for the Next QoL Update

23 minutes ago, JaxckLl said:

Would require the king to be much more expensive (120 Rot, 40 Gold, would be where I would start) since he's essentially a permanent upgrade to the map.

why would he have to be so expensive just to make merms not a complete annoyance to non wurts

1 hour ago, JaxckLl said:

This would be a super clean solution. Would require the king to be much more expensive (120 Rot, 40 Gold, would be where I would start) since he's essentially a permanent upgrade to the map.

Why would it need to be expensive? Techincally Winona's catapults and Webber's friendly dens are a permeant upgrade even Wendy's altar only costs petals every so many days for 25 sanity per min. and the king would still be able to be killed. Not to mention you'd still need to make a second king for the caves and his rewards aren't amazing by the standards of other characters it's not like anything he offers suddenly becomes free.

I'm just spitballing, but at that cost he's comparable to Winona's catapults (assuming you build enough to cover the most important repeatable bosses, Dragonfly & Bee Queen. Less gold, but far more rocks, silk, grass, and twigs). Remember that his existence buffs ALL Wurts to WX/Wolfgang-esque levels, so the initial set up cost should be high. Remember that the bonus is universal for a character that's already better than Wilson half the time. I wouldn't bring Abigail's sanity station into the discussion since that's a different kind of mechanic more comparable to having a Woodie or a Maxwell on your team. Better resource production/recovery is different than better fighting potential.

It's pretty lolworthy to call Webber's dens a "permanent upgrade" considering how easily they lose their bedazzling. They really only have use in conjunction with a Woodie as a more efficient spider farm. That or in a Webber-only meme world.

Another idea would be to port the Fishermerm from Shipwrecked and give Wurt a "Merm House Makeover Kit" that allows her to swap between Merm house types. This would allow her to have Merms in the base with other players, but would keep them neutral 100% of the time and friendly if using the mask + veggie gifts.

• I really want a Fish Registry. The Plant Registry(and the whole system) is so good!
  • Hopefully each boss will have a special ingredient (and some recipes of the ingredient), which will give me a reason to look for rare ingredients instead of just fighting for them.

11 hours ago, Fochive00 said:
  • I really want a Fish Registry. The Plant Registry(and the whole system) is so good!
  • Hopefully each boss will have a special ingredient (and some recipes of the ingredient), which will give me a reason to look for rare ingredients instead of just fighting for them.

Love this! A Monster Manual would also be a cool incentive to actually seek out encounters.

Archived