Loving Grifflands but DAMN is it hard to read the cards on the handheld mode!!

This is referring to the Nintendo Switch version.

Especially on the modal cards that you get options with. The interface just needs some work, especially on the handheld mode. I cannot read the cards easily at all. I feel this would be a simple sizeup patch. Anyone else facing this?

Options could simply be magnify the cards a bit more, allow a hover zoom for touch screen. Etc. It really is rough to play in handheld due to this text and card info navigation issue.

Originally posted over at Reddit, and others were facing the same issue and recommended I post here. https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/o1sfja/loving_grifflands_but_damn_is_it_hard_to_read_the/

• Developer

We are experimenting with some UI improvements to hopefully address readability, as well as gamepad usability, as we speak.  I've spent the last few days doing my best to evaluate various places that can be improved with an eye towards an eventual patch.  If you're interested in helping out this effort, please feel free to participate in the Experimental branch -- feedback very welcome!

On 6/18/2021 at 11:20 PM, rooks said:

We are experimenting with some UI improvements to hopefully address readability, as well as gamepad usability, as we speak.  I've spent the last few days doing my best to evaluate various places that can be improved with an eye towards an eventual patch.  If you're interested in helping out this effort, please feel free to participate in the Experimental branch -- feedback very welcome!

Right on brother !!! It really feels like the Switch version wasn’t optimised for handheld and there was some high hopes in the Switch community that we’d see your excellent UI scaling options come over from OG version - I mean, it seems like the perfect place to really have those options right? Can’t understand why that wasn’t factored into a release on a handheld device… 

What is this experimental branch you speak of pray tell…?

• Developer

The experimental branch is available only on the Steam release for Griftlands -- however it is helpful for us to preview upcoming changes there to get preliminary feedback, which we definitely spend time reading.  Thank you for your patience in this matter!

Archived