Storage Bins min. request amount

The problem

Storage bins (and other storage buildings) seem to create an awful lot more errands than they should (when not using sweep only).

It looks like they keep creating errands that request a very small amount of materials very often and the suppliers will keep doing these errands without using their full carrying capacity (not even close to it). And by the time the supplier finishes this errand, he will probably pick up another similar tiny errand and will keep doing this for a very long time without really accomplishing much.

Suggestion

Storage buildings should have a minimum request setting: they will only create an errand if there is enough material available to satisfy the min. request and also enough space in the storage building to store it. And the supplier will at least pick up and store that much to complete the errand.

I never had that issue but i rarely use bins not on sweep only. Most of the times i do it for just one resource that i want cleaned up (like slime, or coal for the generator). I guess the dupes just go and pick all those stray chunks of sand and rock lying around and it ends in carrying small amounts.

Personally i just don`t set bins that way but that`s hardly a sloution.

It really bugs me when my sweeper arm picks up 1t of material to fill the loader i just built, then proceeds to sweep 20kg, then 20kg, then 20kg, then 20kg, then 20kg....

I end up building 15 second on-off timers for all my sweeper arms just so they don't constantly load tiny amounts, but there's nothing i can do about that one dupe who insists on reloading my sugar bin on the other side of the map every time the chef takes 4kg out of it. If i tell him not to, it never gets filled, and eventually the chef is running halfway across the map to pick up 4kg handfuls of beetle poo in stead.

Archived