Right now, mutations are really hard to come by because the only reliable source of radiation is the Wheezewort. If Klei added a Radlamp, with a radbolt and energy cost, it could emit both radiation and light, making it easier to farm mutations. I also think that they should add some sort of radbolt joint plate, like the heavy-watt joint plate, to make it easier to transport radbolts.

It was discussed a lot already. This thread for example:

For sure we need a portable radiation source. Personally i`d prefer a radbolt bridge to a joint plate as it would allow to safely cross radbolt streams and cross radbolts with ladders but both ways work.

This is a great idea! Also having some way to transfer Radbolts without transferring gas (aka, a wall) is also essential. Perhaps the wall piece needs to be made of Gold, in reference to the original experiment that proved the existence of atoms.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:52 AM, TuxSam123 said:

a Radlamp, with a radbolt and energy cost

I really like the radbolt powered radlamp idea.  Making it only cost electricity would make the radiation system trivial.  But this would encourage large central radiation production (e.g. nuclear reactors) which can then be spread out with radlamps as needed. Or you could go the other way.  Use lots of lower radiation radbolt generators (e.g. in space) to run a single high powered radlamp for plant mutation. 

I'd want a slider to control that rads output which would scale the radbolt cost appropriately.  And make sure that it's just slightly radiation negative, so you don't introduce a run-away radiation positive loop. 

Archived