ONI Is Upgrading to Harmony 2.0!

1 hour ago, pether said:

Will we need to adjust anything, or if we made updates for 469112 build yesterday there is nothing we need to do today?

You will need to adjust versions accordingly since vanilla has a higher build number than that.

why not do this:
vanilla also reads APIVersion as an optional field
if APIVersion is not present, or APIVersion: 1 - everything is ok
if APIVersion: 2 - vanilla should never load this mod
This would eliminate the "archive loading problems" radically.

25 minutes ago, omlk said:

I suggest to name so versions

First of all, lastWorkingBuild is no-no, we don't do that here.

Second - I don't see what your suggestion really improves. Currently you can have the same result by defining version: 1.1.0. Also, AFAIK you can now define non-numeral versions, so if you want you can go with version: "HolidayEdition" - your approach won't allow that

Third - mod_info.yaml changes were just released to live SO. Many modders worked really hard to update all their mods. They would be really sad if you now told them they efforts are in vain because there is yet another change. I'd say it is too late to make any more changes, unless they are really essential

I don't see anything helpful in that suggestion other than the fact that you should know that strings can be parsed and  there is no need to have every single digit as separate property o.o

Mod version is display-only, it's something we asked for to make it easier for users to see if they are up to date. The game doesn't use it in any way.

I have no idea what you just said. Your translator completely butchered it.

Enforcing versioning format would be necessary if we had any dependency system, and the way people go about that these days is a semver string. If such day comes then the version could enforce that format, currently version is not even a mandatory field

I still don't know what problem you want to solve with that approach except potential "maybe" from undefined future. However, we could imagine plenty other scenarios that could happen in 2-5-10 years and struggling today to prepare for all of them makes no sense

Archived