Suggestions on Reservoirs and Storages

1. Add empty storage button to liquid and gas reservoirs, should require plumbing skill. 

2. If (1) is implemented, change liquid reservoirs to spill their liquids on being deconstructed without being emptied first. Same can be done with rocket cargo modules.

3.Smart storage bins are over-complicated to the point very few people end up using them. Consider bringing the automation in line with gas and liquid reservoirs and removing power requirement. 

4. Make liquid and gas reservoirs behave intuitively and consistantly on being disabled. They both should not recieve or transfer fluids when disabled. That is, no fluids move in or go out on being disabled.

4 hours ago, Magheat2009 said:

3.Smart storage bins are over-complicated to the point very few people end up using them. Consider bringing the automation in line with gas and liquid reservoirs and removing power requirement. 

This should ahve been done long ago. It`s inconsistent with how the reservoirs work. If they can send signals with no power so should the smart storage.

Big + for 3. It was suggested long ago and still nothing, it's easier to use a press switch than to bother with this broken design. Same for refrigerator automation, which makes it near impossible to have food production without overproduction, so everyone just deep freezes.

Big - for 2. When I want a tank deconstructed, I want it safely deconstructed with as few keypresses as possible, I don't want to be bothered with an extra step. Adding tedium just to force plumbing skill - a badly designed feature - into more colonies, is anti-fun.

Medium - for 4. Having storage act just like a sink is useful, it helps with stopping loops from working without leaving them backed up.

3 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

When I want a tank deconstructed, I want it safely deconstructed with as few keypresses as possible

Good point. However, don't you think the possibility of mistakes and subsequant disaster makes the game more fun to play? 

39 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

Good point. However, don't you think the possibility of mistakes and subsequant disaster makes the game more fun to play? 

Miscalculations due to complexity are fine.

UI issues and "I forgot about x" are unfun.

The smart storage bin should really be addressed, right now they are mostly unusable due to not having any hysteresis at all. Plus the power cost is excessive compared to other automation sensors.

Fridges should probably also get a min-max slider for their automation port.

Archived