WX and Polar lights

An overlooked Wx perk, standing on a stack of polar lights for high sanity regen. Useful for enlightenment crown tanking while overcharged. You can wear milkmade hat, night armor, and dark sword without losing sanity with enough stars. Not an op damage or meta but a funny niche for WX on top of the high sanity.

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

Would this work for any character with Warly's hot dragon chili salad? I don't fully know the mechanics behind it but I think it works by just keeping your temperature above freezing.

no hot dragon chili salad and scorched sunfish don't work. However, you can balance dwarf and polar stars to do it with other characters. loot might catch fire tho if mob dies under dwarf. 

Hot dragon chili salad effectively just increases ambient temp by 40 degrees which doesn’t make much of a difference with a bunch of heat/cool sources.

You’d need to balance the polar lights with multiple sunfish, thermal stones, and/or dwarf stars, yeah. Sunfish and thermal stone heat sources do stack too btw (but keep them in your inventory where they’re much more effective). 

4 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Hot dragon chili salad effectively just increases ambient temp by 40 degrees which doesn’t make much of a difference with a bunch of heat/cool sources.

You’d need to balance the polar lights with multiple sunfish, thermal stones, and/or dwarf stars, yeah. Sunfish and thermal stone heat sources do stack too btw (but keep them in your inventory where they’re much more effective). 

can you elaborate on the inventory effectiveness? is it better for non wurts to keep sunfish in inventory rather than insulated pack?

this might be a stretch based on your explanation, but can you swap ice and fire fishes between inventory and backpack to avoid elemental damage vs klaus? (especially fire damage)

1 hour ago, Mahoood said:

can you elaborate on the inventory effectiveness? is it better for non wurts to keep sunfish in inventory rather than insulated pack?

this might be a stretch based on your explanation, but can you swap ice and fire fishes between inventory and backpack to avoid elemental damage vs klaus? (especially fire damage)

Oh when I said inventory I meant just on your person; not on the ground. It makes 0 difference whatsoever if they’re in your base inventory, insulated pack, backpack, etc. They’re just less effective when you stand on top of them but idk why you would anyways.

As far as I’m aware heat and cool sources won’t mitigate the direct damage of being in the ice and fire spells. All they can do is make sure you get back to normal temperature faster. Since you only fight klaus in winter you just want an inventory heat source to help recover from the coldness of the freeze spell: a thermal stone or a sunfish.

I find this interesting so I did some testing.

Apparently if you stack hot dragon chili salad/stuffed pepper poppers and fire nettles you can pull it off. Not sure if this can work in winter/spring thou.

Also, the temperature increase effect from different crock pot dishes can sometime cancel each other out. E.g if you eat hot dragon chili salad first then eat spicy chili after, you lost the dragon chili salad buff :< . Result from different dishes stacking are kinda inconsistent.

On 5/30/2021 at 1:24 PM, Friendly Grass said:

Oh when I said inventory I meant just on your person; not on the ground. It makes 0 difference whatsoever if they’re in your base inventory, insulated pack, backpack, etc. They’re just less effective when you stand on top of them but idk why you would anyways.

As far as I’m aware heat and cool sources won’t mitigate the direct damage of being in the ice and fire spells. All they can do is make sure you get back to normal temperature faster. Since you only fight klaus in winter you just want an inventory heat source to help recover from the coldness of the freeze spell: a thermal stone or a sunfish.

There's chip damage after you dodge the spell, thermal covers the freeze one. for the fire spell usually i used speed boost to run outside the range to cancel it. Woodie with his natural beard causes you to take more damage from freeze spell.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:12 PM, Mday said:

I find this interesting so I did some testing.

Apparently if you stack hot dragon chili salad/stuffed pepper poppers and fire nettles you can pull it off. Not sure if this can work in winter/spring thou.

Also, the temperature increase effect from different crock pot dishes can sometime cancel each other out. E.g if you eat hot dragon chili salad first then eat spicy chili after, you lost the dragon chili salad buff :< . Result from different dishes stacking are kinda inconsistent.

does it work on stacked lights?

7 hours ago, Mahoood said:

There's chip damage after you dodge the spell, thermal covers the freeze one. for the fire spell usually i used speed boost to run outside the range to cancel it. Woodie with his natural beard causes you to take more damage from freeze spell.

does it work on stacked lights?

No.

Archived