Meter Valves Need Some Changes to Limits

Both Liquid and Gas Meter valves have 500kg limit.  I can fill over 3 gas reservoirs, but only 10% of one liquid reservoir.  This seems to be a major oversight.

Fluid meter valves should be limited to some multiple of their respective max reservoir size.  I'd actually be satisfied with a 1:1 relationship (e.g. 5000kg liquid and 150kg gas) to force engineered solutions of larger quantities.

Conveyor meters I've not used, but seems a bit low at 500 units.  I'm assuming a unit is that which is shown in the resources popup   There are likely many instances where someone would want more than 500kg of a particular material shipped over conveyor:  500+ seeds...nah, but multiple tons of ore to a refinery, sure would.

Hope to see changes implemented soon, because right now only gas meters seem worthwhile to use.

Weren't there different values for every meter at the beginning but were changed to be the same...? (or maybe not... and I'm remembering something else)

Edit: Yes. They were changed once (I think it was 20 packets before) "Changed maximum limit on all Meter Valves to 500 kg so they are easier to think about." update 463187

Maybe they need more tweaking..? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, pether said:

Good point, but before KLEI fill fix this I believe you can use counter gates to count X times 500kg of liquid

ATM buffer gates offer a better solution without extra packets in the flow line.  2 flicks of a signal switch will give me exactly 4000kg when hooked to a pump...the trick is remembering the second flick within a reasonable timeframe. :)

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Weren't there different values for every meter at the beginning but were changed to be the same...? (or maybe not... and I'm remembering something else)

Edit: Yes. They were changed once (I think it was 20 packets before) "Changed maximum limit on all Meter Valves to 500 kg so they are easier to think about." update 463187

Maybe they need more tweaking..? :rolleyes:

I'm just a small tech, flow control kinda guy with one thing in mind, pump once...and reservoirs fit the bill anytime, anywhere.  So one of my must-have design criteria for flow meter design would be to send at least enough fluid mass to fill a reservoir.  Plus, I thought the whole point of this sim is to exercise the brain...pfffft...easier to think about, indeed.

Archived