19 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I haven't tested seeds for a while but I don't think anything changed. Sleet wheat produces more mutant seeds compared to other plants because the whole crop of 18 gives one mutation.

Meaning farming II, right? Can they also do research? If I remember correctly they will need that too. Check what errand is requested in the botanical analyzer. Is it research or farming?

Yes it's farming 2. The station says waiting for seeds, so I wonder if some minimum number of seeds is needed to do the analysis?  I'll test further when I'm online tonight. 

Ill skill scrub my dupes and try again, maybe that will somehow enable them to have the ability to do the analysis?  I'll try mutating more seeds, but it's slow going as o just have wheezeworts providing some rads. 

15 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Didn`t test it but might be a research task with farming as requirement. Similar to how artifact analysis is research with an art skill requirement.

Oh, I hadn't read this reply. I'll test this too. I hope to have more answers later. I guess it makes logical sense but the UI isn't clear. 

Update July 22:. Dupes need both farming and researching skills. The UI seems to suggest only farming is needed.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:11 AM, Gurgel said:

Come to think of it, what would also be a good idea is a "radbolt conduit" that removes the reach restriction in favor of a new "pipe" type. Or a "radbolt concentrator" that, say, takes two bolts and outputs one, but with full reach restored. The one thing you need for sprawling industrial areas is reach of gas, liquid, electricity, and now radbolts.

When radbolts first appeared I assumed you would be able to make your own "fiber optic cables" with a line of window tiles that would let radbolts through no problem. I even built half of it because I thought it was so obvious.

Then I actually had the presence of mind to test it, and NOPE

On 7/21/2021 at 4:53 AM, MrJBlacc said:

I've been mutating sleet wheat for about 400 cycles, have seen every mutation (multiple times) except for exubarent; which I'd prefer. 

Am I just unlucky or is exhubarent sleet wheat no longer an option?

I can confirm that exuberant sleet wheat exists in whatever the currently released Spaced Out build is.

Archived