Add Blue Gems to Junk Pile Loot Table

Blue gems can be one of the rarest gems you get in the ruins. 

The major contributing factor to this I'd say is the fact that blue gems are not part of the Junk Pile loot table.

I suggest adding said gem to the loot table :love_heart:

I can survive without the change, but I feel I'd enjoy getting lots more blue gems from the ruins than the scraps I normally do since I do use them a lot.

Blue gems is nice, but it not something i would bring up from ruin or consider ruin the main source of farming them because there are other important stuff to bring up, and we can farm blue gems via hounds or varg.
I would drop a stack of 20 blue gems down ruin just for another slot for star caller or construction amulet. Same as red gems. However a stack of 40 purple gems is something i would bring up for tele focus stuffs.

You can use the blue and the red gems to make purple gems too. I typically fully clear the ruins and bring everything but extra frazzles wires and melty marbles.

Yes, there are other sources of blue gems, but even with them, I still find myself low on blue gems where I have to make these farms in the first place just for them. Ruins is a nice source of gems all around, but blue gems always seem to be lacking imo :>

I prefer if they took out red gems from the loot table and keep blue gems out. 

My ruins on console are already kinda small. I rely on the junk piles for green and yellow gems and I'd prefer it not get diluted by blue gems. Blue/Red gems are already farmable via Vargs to an "infinite" extent. Every other gem is only accessible via ruins or DF. 

18 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

My ruins on console are already kinda small. I rely on the junk piles for green and yellow gems and I'd prefer it not get diluted by blue gems

They don't dilute the table like how Klaus sack does with it's items. It's just a percent chance for each, like this as per chessjunk.lua:

--This just sets the % chance of each of the listed loot

SetSharedLootTable("chess_junk",
{
    {'trinket_6',      1.00},
    {'trinket_6',      0.55},
    {'trinket_1',      0.25},
    {'gears',          0.25},
    {'redgem',         0.25},
    {"greengem" ,      0.05},
    {"yellowgem",      0.05},
    {"purplegem",      0.05},
    {"orangegem",      0.05},
    {"thulecite",      0.01},
})

--This just sets the loot table of the junk piles to be what's listed above

inst:AddComponent("lootdropper")
inst.components.lootdropper:SetChanceLootTable("chess_junk")

If they removed everything else, you would still have a 5% chance for those gems you were saying you would like for instead.

What I'm saying is that blue gems don't even drop from the junk piles and I would love if they did. 50/50 split between red and blue gem would be nice too considering how many of them you can get.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

They don't dilute the table like how Klaus sack does with it's items. It's just a percent chance for each, like this as per chessjunk.lua:

I've never had a junk pile drop multiple gems. Only 1. Based on the table provided... Tricket 1 through thelucite 1 share the same drop chance unless im mistaken.  Lowering the chance of any of the gems to include a blue gem would be diluting the loot table. Removing the chance for red gems and spreading that chance between yellow and green gems would be strengthening the loot table (imo)

Since you didn't really provide an explanation on how you wanted to introduce blue gems, I assumed the worst.

What I'm saying is that blue gems don't even drop from the junk piles and I would love if they did. 50/50 split between red and blue gem would be nice too considering how many of them you can get.

As I said above I rather they remove red gems and split the .25 between green and yellow gems. You don't even use red or blue gems in the pseudoscience crafts. To me neither gems deserve a spot in the ruins.

Blue gems already dilute the gem spawn chance on statues. That statue with a blue gem could of been a green gem.

Get rid of them all! Lol Blue gems are not as useful as red gems in my opinion too.

Sorry If I'm coming off as aggressive. 

31 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I've never had a junk pile drop multiple gems. Only 1. Based on the table provided... Tricket 1 through thelucite 1 share the same drop chance unless im mistaken.  Lowering the chance of any of the gems to include a blue gem would be diluting the loot table. Removing the chance for red gems and spreading that chance between yellow and green gems would be strengthening the loot table (imo)

Since you didn't really provide an explanation on how you wanted to introduce blue gems, I assumed the worst.

Then explain this clip where I got three gems from one junk pile xD

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryMoistSalamanderPhilosoraptor-q7KpLglo-I0uivmh

Again, introducing more gems does not dilute the loot table. The game just does a roll to see whether or not it will drop.

So in that clip I showed you, I got the 25% chance of the red, the 5% chance for the purple, and the other 5% for the orange. All the rolls are independent of each other and won't influence whether each gem would drop.

The way to introduce the blue gem is same way they already have the % chance set for everything else listed in the loot table.

And just because you personally may not use the gems doesn't mean others don't use them (like me) :>

22 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Then explain this clip where I got three gems from one junk pile xD

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryMoistSalamanderPhilosoraptor-q7KpLglo-I0uivmh

Again, introducing more gems does not dilute the loot table. The game just does a roll to see whether or not it will drop.

Oh ok, thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

So in that clip I showed you, I got the 25% chance of the red, the 5% chance for the purple, and the other 5% for the orange. Both rolls are independent of each other and won't influence whether each gem would drop.

The way to introduce the blue gem is same way they already have the % chance set for everything else listed in the loot table.

Ok I understand how they would be introduced.

And just because you personally may not use the gems doesn't mean others don't use them (like me) :>

Well I don't mean to say they're useless. I think they just aren't as important. Especially since there are no green or yellow hounds. 

How are you running out of them when Varg farms exists? Are you making 700 moon dials like Maxil20 did?

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

How are you running out of them when Varg farms exists? Are you making 700 moon dials like Maxil20 did?

Ice Staves and combining blues and reds for when I run out of purple for telelocating.

Archived