Abigail and trolls

I suggest to either make other player desummon Abigail on attack (rather than killing her) or making her able to fight back outside of pvp (so trolls has less incentive to kill her, or it will cost them more). In particular, yesterday I was playing on official server and got into this situation myself as Wendy: pvp was off, Abigail was soothed, players (including me) were fighting toadstool (so damage boost should have been welcome), but one of the players decided to kill her (it wasn't an accident for sure, they repeated attempt 2 times, the last being successful); worst thing is, I wasn't able to do anything about it, because how quick it's possible to kill her as other player without any effort and almost no cost, and other alternative is to desummon her permanently in vicinity of other players, which basically means troll has what they want: they force other player to suffer. Maybe it's not possible to do anything on developers side, in that case I probably just either won't pick Wendy for pubs, or live separately (somewhere past monkeys), but any advice would be welcome.

5 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

I suggest to either make other player desummon Abigail on attack (rather than killing her) or making her able to fight back outside of pvp (so trolls has less incentive to kill her, or it will cost them more).

Abigail shouldn't be able to kill players in non-pvp servers under any circumstances. Desummoning would be fine, I think.

5 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

I wasn't able to do anything about it, because how quick it's possible to kill her as other player without any effort and almost no cost, and other alternative is to desummon her permanently in vicinity of other players, which basically means troll has what they want: they force other player to suffer. Maybe it's not possible to do anything on developers side, in that case I probably just either won't pick Wendy for pubs, or live separately (somewhere past monkeys), but any advice would be welcome.

As long as Abigail is on your screen you can desummon her by clicking her with the flower, you don't have to be next to her. I don't know how desummoning her works with a controller.

Abigail shouldn't be able to kill players in non-pvp servers under any circumstances

I'm not suggesting to bring pvp component into non-pvp setting, I'm talking about situation when another player intentionally attacks Abigail themselves. Being able to rile up for killing in non-pvp is NOT what I meant, I meant let Abigail attack only as long as she is attacked as possible solution, so if one doesn't want to take damage/be killed, they just shouldn't force attack her. Because the alternatives are: be forced to either watch her being murdered and not be able to do anything to that player, or keep Abigail in the flower nearly forever, and both choices lead to the same result: Wendy looses everything but reduced sanity drain, and is forced to play in unoptimal way both for her and the rest of the team, and not even because of Wendy-player fault. Desummoning could make losses less brutal and somewhere alone in the wilds Wendy could continue to benefit from 600-hp Abigail, but it doesn't really fix the issue, only makes losses less.

Another alternative could be to make Abigail unattackable outside of pvp for all players except corresponding Wendy, just like it's impossible to attack players.

As long as Abigail is on your screen you can desummon her by clicking her with the flower, you don't have to be next to her

I know how to desummon her, thank you. Real problem is not that; and with high character attack speed it is possible to loose her in 1 or two attempts even with perfect reaction and "Abigail keybinds" mod, just because after first attempt you can't conclude for sure that it was an intention (player might just have slow reaction and use different settings like the same key for attack and force attack, it's useful for punching butterflies; or they can just use force attack mod (client) with different customisation and, again, have slow reaction; or be Wolfgang/under buffs and finish her off in 1 attempt). I'm playing on pc, by the way, for consoles it must be even worse.

To make things clear: a lot of players have misconceptions like "wee mactusk if killed delayes respawn of adult mactusk" or "Abigail attacks lureplants under any circumstances and it's unavoidable", etc., so vote kick of troll isn't an option because the rest of the server believes person who said SOMETHING first (even if it's not true), but not paying attention to argument, let alone double-checking, not to mention that it can happen so quickly that you don't even have time to see and desummon (dark sword on Abigail + slow desummon animation do form "great" combo).

I know a lot of people on these forums would be only happy to see Wendy nerfed unreasonably heavily, hate character and would be happy to find another way how to show their disagreement of character choice of other people, but I hope problem will be addressed in some way anyway.

Edit: Woodie's weremoose's form charge damages Abigail (but doesn't damage Maxwell's minions as far as I know (correct me, if I'm wrong, please), for comparison), so changing Abigail to be unattackable for players outside of pvp would solve this problem as well, and Woodie and Wendy could cooperate better.

Archived