Some more geyser type ideas

Some more geyser types, some for making more resource types renewable, others for making gameplay more interesting. Also thank you for the Cobalt Volcano!

* Lead Volcano at 500C in oil biome, or wherever lead is
* Cool Ethanol Geyser at -10C, in rust biome
* Liquid Oxygen Geyser at -200C, on the cold asteroid
* Liquid Hydrogen Geyser at -255C, on the cold asteroid (may be)
* Liquid Chlorine Geyser either at -100C or -50C, on the gassy moo asteroid
* Sour Gas Vent for cool people

And probably some sort of radium or uranium geyser/volcano would be good to have.

1 or 2 fancy geysers additional map geysers would be nice with a 10% - 20% drop chance in a big classic map. This would get people playing the seed lottery super excited :chunky: My industry base is slowly turning in to Factorio and Cities Skylines - Building, designing and running it is so much fun ! I wanted to stay at 50 dupes, now its 60...

More dupe powa ! :victorious:

On 4/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, zach123b said:

a salt geyser would be fun, maybe a glass volcano, and a radbolt vent/geyser would be interesting to use

You mean like a high temperature salt volcano or even a salt vent? That would be insane. Glass can be easily manufactured and you can get it renewably through regular volcano output already, but I guess it would be interesting to have a volcano output glass.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:38 AM, ZombieDupe said:

* Lead Volcano at 500C in oil biome, or wherever lead is
* Cool Ethanol Geyser at -10C, in rust biome
* Liquid Oxygen Geyser at -200C, on the cold asteroid
* Liquid Hydrogen Geyser at -255C, on the cold asteroid (may be)
* Liquid Chlorine Geyser either at -100C or -50C, on the gassy moo asteroid
* Sour Gas Vent for cool people

To be honest...

Lead Volcano - okay.

Cool Ethanol - Too OP Powerwise should stay as Mod
Liquid Oxygen Geyser - Ruins Lategame
Liquid Hydrogen Geyser at -255C, on the cold asteroid (may be) - Ruins Lategame
Liquid Chlorine Geyser either at -100C or -50C, on the gassy moo asteroid - If max -50 an not much mass spit out. And only on Moo Moonlet
Sour Gas Vent - Maybe Temperature Neutral 15°C as small coolant source

That's my 2 cents to that idea.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:38 PM, Sergadra said:

To be honest...

Lead Volcano - okay.

Cool Ethanol - Too OP Powerwise should stay as Mod
Liquid Oxygen Geyser - Ruins Lategame
Liquid Hydrogen Geyser at -255C, on the cold asteroid (may be) - Ruins Lategame
Liquid Chlorine Geyser either at -100C or -50C, on the gassy moo asteroid - If max -50 an not much mass spit out. And only on Moo Moonlet
Sour Gas Vent - Maybe Temperature Neutral 15°C as small coolant source

That's my 2 cents to that idea.

If ethanol is OP by that metric, then so are the slush geysers, or even the natural gas geyser. We have many more things already too powerful that could do with a change. I was thinking more of having a sustainable way to produce tofu without going through some exploit or cooling the lumber into ethanol as that then takes a lot of power to grow these.

I don't think LO2 and LH2 geysers would ruin late game, at least not the former. It would be cool to have for Rime as an example because of the immense power you would have to throw in to heat up the oxygen for your base, or alternatively using for part of the rockets way later on. It would be fun.

Reason I suggested -100C is because it would be easier for it to freeze into solid state. Another geyser I didn't mention but wanted to was a methane one on the same asteroid. The interaction between these two geysers would create solid chlorine and natural gas, which is the default world generation for the moonlet asteroid, and wouldn't that be cool?

Sour gas vent would be sour gas boiler with less steps, which would let you get the ropes with understanding what sour gas can actually be used for before thinking about making a contraption like the boiler from scratch.

Archived