CO2 Rockets in the Late Game

A few people have said that the early tier rockets start to feel useless quickly, so I wanted to share my method of using them late game. I really like CO2 engines because of their speed ,cold exhaust, and all-but-free fuel, but they can't make a round trip on their own. Since the introduction of the interplanetary launcher, though, I've found that they can be easily used into the late game. You just need to send one payload of CO2, and you can send  a rocket round trip easily. It can easily be set up by one dupe during a trailblazer mission before their atmo suit runs out, unlike wood burner set ups I've seen before. I've used this method to get a launch pad on the magma, frozen, and water planets.

Launcher CO2 Rocket.jpg

2 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I still want a rocket port so I can vent my dupe's stinky breath straight to the engine

Isn't that possible after the split of rocket ports to in or out only (testing branch update)? You still need a gas cargo as medium between rocket fitting and rocket port though..

Archived