Make Celestial Champion drop more unique loot!

I mean the Champion is tough boss and lore-speaking something whose positioning is similar to the Fuelweaver and I love it as well as its Enlightened Crown but it feels that there're tons of preparation works for summoning it, it takes multiple steps as well as great amount of time and effort to fight it, I fear that merely the crown as its unique loot/equipment is not worthy of players to strive for finishing the complicated process, think about the Fuelweaver, it at the same time drops three unique equipment (Shadow Thurible, Bone Helm and Bone Armor) upon death. I think it'll be reasonable to consider adding some more unique loot to the Champion to make a more attractive, high-risk, hight-reward boss fight.

From the title it sounded like you were saying the crown was not unique enough. But you're saying you like the crown, there should just be more unique loot the way FW drops three unique items.

I think an item that nullified the effects of lunacy would be a nice parallel to the bone helm dropped by FW. The crown is sort of like the thurible in that it controls gestalt to fight for you. What would be another fitting reward for conquering the moon?

Edit: Now that I think about it, the bone helm does nullify the effects of lunacy so that might be a bit redundant. Maybe something that made you 100% enlightened but not vulnerable to gestalt. Would be nice for situations like FW where being insane is a real threat.

12 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

From the title it sounded like you were saying the crown was not unique enough. But you're saying you like the crown, there should just be more unique loot the way FW drops three unique items.

I think an item that nullified the effects of lunacy would be a nice parallel to the bone helm dropped by FW. The crown is sort of like the thurible in that it controls gestalt to fight for you. What would be another fitting reward for conquering the moon?

Edit: Now that I think about it, the bone helm does nullify the effects of lunacy so that might be a bit redundant. Maybe something that made you 100% enlightened but not vulnerable to gestalt. Would be nice for situations like FW where being insane is a real threat.

agree, gestalt're really annoying and that the crown does not affect how sanity/lunancy monsters interact with you is really not satisfying enough

It would be nice for the boss to also have a drop to give it replay value. Like how fw resets ruins or dfly for more scales for base building. I think the crown is cool enough to fight him for, but I want there to be a reward to make you want to keep fighting. Similar to how you fight beequeen again for more jellybeans but only fight crabking once because you only need one tribute. The boss is too cool to only fight once.

9 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

How about a item replaces your sanity with enlightment while equipping?

haha that's interesting XD I mean sure people don't like gestalts but gestalts dont kill you like shadows would, plus it gives a perfect reason for not spending time keeping up your sanity XD I do fear that this concept kinda conflicts with the crown when having both items equipped and in fact I do wish the crown affects the player sanity system in a way like how you suggested rather than just acting as some slightly overpowered Tam o' Shanter.

you dont need to search far to give people what they want

a moon blade and a moon armor with infinite durability is not difficult to think of

we have enough sanity items for the rest of the lifetime please klei stop making those

It would be cool to have a full armor set after the fight with each piece based on each altar. We already have the crown from the crab king altar. From the moon shard island altar we could get a blueprint for a moon sword that increases damage based on higher sanity. From the hidden pieces altar we could get a armor piece that changes your sanity meter for enlightenment,  would have a 85% damage reduction, that could have it's durability repaired with moon glass.

9 hours ago, UnknowX said:

It would be cool to have a full armor set after the fight with each piece based on each altar. We already have the crown from the crab king altar. From the moon shard island altar we could get a blueprint for a moon sword that increases damage based on higher sanity. From the hidden pieces altar we could get a armor piece that changes your sanity meter for enlightenment,  would have a 85% damage reduction, that could have it's durability repaired with moon glass.

Neat XD

Archived