We need a new ocean destination

The ocean seems more just that than anything really and it’s sad I think I hope they really do expand on oceans. Maybe use some ideas from shipwrecked. After finding lunar, pearl and some salt there’s really no reason to explore the ocean and that makes me sad :[

I think at some point Klei plans to drastically shake this games foundation down to its very core.

Here are a couple “What if Scenarios”

What If.. all currently existing biomes and content was updated with new mobs and content instead of just adding new areas.. we add to the emptiness of old ones?

AND.. What If Klei takes said familiar biome clusters and breaks them apart separating them by Seafaring from Island to Island?? For Me personally it’s laughably easy to tame Beefalo now: But a large contribution to that is knowing where to travel to to find and get them.

“What If” Beefalo were moved to a distant Island we need to sail out to and locate them to bring back to the starting area?

Better yet- What if they Removed the Oasis biome from where it’s at now.... and turned an entire Island in the ocean you need to sail towards into the “Oasis Area” so it looks more like this?

B48EC4B7-DE59-4821-8AD1-5E0AC186322B.jpeg.4976724033af779e106381e49e018000.jpeg

With these guys-

C56415A4-16AA-4762-A723-5A8472E609E4.thumb.jpeg.7ec20bef3fe840e4d46229d780aa9663.jpeg

Which yes... that is Klei’s wormhole skin I put on some random giant sand worm image I pulled from google.

Seriously if Minecraft can expand and evolve adding new terrain and mobs to existing locations..... What’s Stopping DST?

How about this. The north poll island spawns at the north of the map.

Inhabited by:

• Walrus: Act like pigmen, unless you steal an item from something they have just killed, then they will attack you.
  • Walrus Guards: Roam in packs atop Woolyphants. Hostile during hunting season.
  • Lion Seal: Similar to wolves. Hunt at sea, rest on land.
  • Pengul: The rabbits of the north. Rest on land, flee to sea when scared.

Don't Starve weirdness:

• Polar Fear Vortex: A massive swirling vortex of cold that causes year long winters every few game years. Can be attacked by lighting fires on its perimeter. Spawns Polar Bears to defend itself which turn into Polar Fears when the vortex is damaged enough.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:01 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i like the polar island with perma winter and also could be cool a "sw volcano" like island with dragoons and op materials with perma overheating

I like a tropical/volcano idea to balance. No question.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Because it would kill the rest of singleplayer itself, there would be no incentive to play it.

RoG is considered base game by the community since the actual base game is pretty bland.

Now please let's get back to the topic;

A *new* destination.

I would love to have that content for dst since the original seems to be pretty abandoned now anyway, and you can play dst solo. 

I loved ds. But dst is an improvement. And if it had some of that content it would be even better.

DS suffers now just by virtue of not having the dst content, regardless of the intent it’s going to get more and more outdated. They should bring those players over.

Archived