I would like to quote the cool @ZombieDupe phrase as introduction ..."Because why not ?" :rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

image.png.0aa54df2091b5e003fd101d7afe41849.png  Proof of concept - Grand and entire schematics

image.png.dc773d54df1ef0257cdac275b6d3481c.png  Probe sticks which get stuck in to rock, have to be manufactured in the Stick-o-lab

image.png.63b6804a109b656b13eef1dd622ce57e.png  Dynamite mines, in which bundled up dynamite is found by dupes

Dupes go in to caves, which spawn in maps, and stick the manufactured probe sticks in to the rock. After wiggling a bit around in the cave`s rocks, they find dynamite bundles. The dynamite can then be carried to the nitroglycerin-coating factory. The nitroglycerin building covers the dynamite sticks with impact sensitive coating.

image.png.276a9cfb00d503e5504eee98373ddf2b.png +image.png.e25ee8031a9db85a7c641637cc6bc4ac.png+ image.png.63b6804a109b656b13eef1dd622ce57e.png = Explosion

As a dupe pushes down the detonator box lever, then dupe-bob-stick ( sponge-bob trigger head ) comes smashing down on to the nitro coated dynamite sticks and creates an explosion.

In the beginning the explosion devices made by players are made for pure fun in the game, to make items and dupes fly around with the player triggered dynamite explosions. Klei could use the original meteor impact effect of the 1st day of regolith in the game, where meteors made the dupes fly in to the air on impact.

Explosion mining, mass turning critters in to food, extinguishing existing colony fires by causing explosions or other game integration ideas could be hooked up to this concept from a game design point of view.

Writing this article has caused the author to exhale 2 pounds of co2 and destroyed one big slice of choco cake.

Before the mining rework i suggested bombs for mining purposes. We got sulfur, coal and fertilizer to make some basic explosives, crude oil and oxylite to make more advanced ones. I think someobdy could make a mod using meteor explosions. We just need a way to keep the dupes out of walking into the blast zone.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Before the mining rework i suggested bombs for mining purposes. We got sulfur, coal and fertilizer to make some basic explosives, crude oil and oxylite to make more advanced ones. I think someobdy could make a mod using meteor explosions. We just need a way to keep the dupes out of walking into the blast zone.

I would love this :x

Archived