yep,Smith is bad in learning how to stun

Well, he has Jackpot, which is a 1 cost card that applies stun with Treshold 10 - and since dealing 10 damage per card becomes a standart at some point in the game, he can just stun how much he likes (and the card doesn't even Expent if i remeber correctly.)

Overall i think Smith is the easiest character when you unlock all his card packs.

I just checked and its 2 cost, not 1, but its still just really powerfull.

1387687154_Zrzutekranu2021-04-05200202.png.558db6630e38ce5c0c7ae52b63d22acb.png

Gnarled Effigy was nerfed? How powerful was it before? Nah, I am still trying hard with Smith to find one or two clerics to really hate me. The problem with killing a lot ain't sooo much the banes, but the fact, that my carefully groomed selection of Powderkegs and self-destruct cards in my negation pile gets watered down with stupid Known Thug cards, that I have no use for. Killer at least has Replenish.

With a high power build with Smith I find it really useful to keep a card or two with Restrained in the deck to lower the amount of casualties.

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

Early Gnarled Effigy dealt 2 damage to yourself every time you played a card, and didn't expend. Damage got toned down first, then some time later expend got added because Smith was abusing it.

It doesn't change the fact that it's still good for smith, even though it's supposed to be a bane.

It probably should be something like apply bleed on card played or something, so the damage accumulates together to prevent moxie abuse.

I find it amazingly ridiculous and funny, that Smith actually benefits from being hated by priests. And it somehow fits with his character arc, too. At long last he is also the main abuser of Lumin Darts, the death loot picked from zealots, he has more interaction with the cult than any other grifter, and his final boss is a head-on confrontation with the Cult. My vote is for no change at all!

OK, with discard options to prevent the burnout and lots of empty bottles it gets quite powerful, but, hey, getting a priest to hate you on purpose and then building your deck accordingly requires an appropriate measure of luck with quests and card drafts, and a decent amount of lateral thinking, which should be rewarded.

Also, the priest is still highly likely to mope around and make some of your negations harder in return, so it's a mixed blessing anyways.

Archived