My save is not loading and it keeps crashing

I was playing last night it was still perfectly fine. Today when I open it up it just keep crashing, I tried with no mod still crashing, I tried reloading to my oldest save still the same reason its crashing. I wonder if someone here can read codes and help me fix this?

20210402094851_1.thumb.jpg.0bd8329614947a9f7110474260e94a87.jpg

4 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

I was playing last night it was still perfectly fine. Today when I open it up it just keep crashing, I tried with no mod still crashing, I tried reloading to my oldest save still the same reason its crashing. I wonder if someone here can read codes and help me fix this?

20210402094851_1.thumb.jpg.0bd8329614947a9f7110474260e94a87.jpg

Did you base game receive an update in the last +12 hours ? Perhaps try to unsubscribe all mods from Steam and see if you can then load your save. Good luck :encouragement:

1 minute ago, babba said:

Did you base game receive an update in the last +12 hours ? Perhaps try to unsubscribe all mods from Steam and see if you can then load your save. Good luck :encouragement:

omg thank you someone replied, I dont know if the base game received an update but Space out DLC got a major update. Ill try I hope it works

36 minutes ago, babba said:

sadly I did not worked, I hope the devs notice this. I made a pledge to complete the achievements of this colony before moving on to the new DLC

9 minutes ago, pether said:

I'm sorry, but most probably the issue is caused by one of the mods. In this case devs will not be able to help much and I'd assume they would rather focus on their own problems...

Ive tried with no mods and tried older saves still crashes, if that would be the case then Ill just shelf the game
its also weird that it started when they released a new major update.

47 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

Ive tried with no mods and tried older saves still crashes, if that would be the case then Ill just shelf the game
its also weird that it started when they released a new major update.

They said that they starting merge of vanilla and DLC, maybe that was the reason for your error.

Anyway, I just switched to vanilla and loaded my save from like 2 months ago. I see no issues. So it is either something with end-game buildings (I didn't reach those yet in my save) or one of the mods. Some of the mods affect save files in a way that disabling the mod causes error while loading the save (like "Rest for the Weary"), but this kind of error looks different than the one you are seeing.

I can only suggest to open ticket in KLEI's bug tracker, maybe that will help, but if the issue is with the mods, KLEI most likely won't be able to help. It would help if you could pinpoint the source of the issue, what mod is causing it, but since you disabled all of them and see no change - I'm not sure how to help you. (Just to double check - both with all mods on and off you see the same issue, right?)

If you want to start Spaced Out! DLC - on your place I would wait a little (to be precise- that's what I'm doing right now). DLC is really great now, but it seems it will be even better in 3 weeks, so if you are patient enough - I think it is worth to wait with starting longer games. Ofc in 3 weeks the situation will repeat: the DLC will be great, but you will know that in 3 more weeks it will become even more more better.

1 hour ago, pether said:

They said that they starting merge of vanilla and DLC, maybe that was the reason for your error.

Anyway, I just switched to vanilla and loaded my save from like 2 months ago. I see no issues. So it is either something with end-game buildings (I didn't reach those yet in my save) or one of the mods. Some of the mods affect save files in a way that disabling the mod causes error while loading the save (like "Rest for the Weary"), but this kind of error looks different than the one you are seeing.

I can only suggest to open ticket in KLEI's bug tracker, maybe that will help, but if the issue is with the mods, KLEI most likely won't be able to help. It would help if you could pinpoint the source of the issue, what mod is causing it, but since you disabled all of them and see no change - I'm not sure how to help you. (Just to double check - both with all mods on and off you see the same issue, right?)

If you want to start Spaced Out! DLC - on your place I would wait a little (to be precise- that's what I'm doing right now). DLC is really great now, but it seems it will be even better in 3 weeks, so if you are patient enough - I think it is worth to wait with starting longer games. Ofc in 3 weeks the situation will repeat: the DLC will be great, but you will know that in 3 more weeks it will become even more more better.

Its fine now, though im not even sure what fixed it, but I remember before it broke down one of my rockets is not being registered on the scanner

Archived