Ancient Kiln - New Craftable - Upraded Crockpot

So a lot of people, myself included, would love a craftable version or skin of the Ancient Kiln for the crockpot. I was thinking that it might be better that instead of a skin it is its own upgraded version of the crockpot - I am not sure exactly what would need to be done with the ones that spawn in the Ancient Archives but honestly what I am suggesting isn't that overpowered and you generally only get a couple so I imagine them being the upgraded version from the get go is fine.

Could be a blueprint that you get from the new boss summoned from the Mysterious Energy or could just be a new craftable at Ancient Pseudoscience machines. Ancient Kiln - costs 6 Thulecite, 6 charcoal and 3 Moon Rock (visually it clearly appears to be made of these three materials). Functions exactly the same as a Crockpot but with special buffs. Cook time of any meal is reduced by one third of the total time it would take in a normal crockpot (meals that cook in and meals cooked in an Ancient Kiln start with full freshness when finished regardless of how fresh the ingredients used to cook said meal were.

Cook times can be somewhat long and generally you want to be doing anything else productive around your base while you wait rather than just sitting there and waiting for your meals to cook so the first buff isn't that strong and would be best when cooking up massive amounts of meals and bundling them away. So long as you cook raw ingredients first you can generally ensure that most of your meals come out with almost full freshness anyway so the second buff would simply reduce the need of you ever cooking raw ingredients before making them into a meal.

Both buffs seem useful but not overpowered to me and it gives us a way to craft our own Ancient Kilns on the surface. Normal Crockpots wouldn't be overshadowed as they are incredibly cheap compared to something that costs both Thulecite and Moon Rock, only late game would it replace crockpots entirely and even then you would likely still build normal crockpots at any outposts unless you're really swimming in Thulecite. If its an Ancient Pseudo craftable then you'd only be able to prototype one at a time and once building it would need to return to the ruins to build another - not sure how I feel about that but it would certainly make it feel more special.

Feedback, suggestions etc more than welcome!

Yes! I want to craft my ancient kiln too!

And possibly an Ancient Portable Kiln for Warly. For the latter, I can't come up with a logical reason why this crafting recipe should be given only to him, since it's ancient technology, however, and if the recipe were available to everyone, new players finding that recipe would craft it only to be unable to use it. Maybe, if the recipe included warly's portable crockpot, it may work. Or else, the boss may drop different blueprints based on how many players are around when it dies: 1 ancient kiln for each non-warly, and 1 ancient portable kiln for each warly.

We have "ancient" (or very similar to ancient) chest from puzzle, so I would be fancy to have skin similar to ancient kiln. But I would love to get it through puzzle. Not mean to limit anybody (as all solutions appear later), but skin from puzzles feel a bit more meaningful.

I love the idea of the ancient kiln being an upgraded version of the crockpot. It would be useful and beautiful, best of both worlds. I also like the idea of warly's portable but it should prob only work for him and his original be part of the recipe so other's don't build it. Good idea's

Archived