Mob AI problems that needs solving

There's quite a few of these and they need to be fixed, so Imma list the few that I know of to start off that should be a change perhaps:

-Tamed animals like merms and pigs or other creatures that has a housing doesn't return to their housing if they are too far away from it if they are off screen.

-The mobs you tame stays frozen in that location off screen till a player passes the place. (Beefalo, pigs, etc.)

-Mobs that are returning to their herd/spawn location often gets stuck on the land boarder even if they have a clear path to get around.

-Mobs have a tendency to walk into each other and stick to each other like that, tamed or untamed they then just stick in one place all together, usually up to three/four mobs when that happens or more. (Most common occurrence being lots of bees, Maxwell's minions, rock lobsters)

-Mobs don't find boats as a potential path to get over to other piece of land unless a player stands on that boat to lead them through.

-After killing a clockwork enemy while having your own clockwork bishop/knight/rooks as your allies when nearby, hitting a Post Mortem clockwork can result in your clockworks loosing loyalty to you completely for no reason at all (it also happens for some reason with bunnymen)
[SIDENOTE ON A BUG: Allied clockworks are found to be an enemy to other players that did NOT repair them. It's kind of an issue when you wanna have allies and a friend nearby, but when they press f to attack they accidentally attack one of them too and grabs their agro.)

That's all for now, just wanting to tell that if anyone else finds anything odd about mob AI write it down here. 

[On another note as a player, I just hope there'd be some quality of life stuff happening with these problems, I mainly write this cause I seen some pigs that were roaming back home after chopping, I had a bridge that had a path that led closer to their homes but they took the long one instead where I had a fire staff trap that I cage some sleepy fire hounds for sanity and it snapped me after I lost a second one due to that they had to pick that narrow path and stay there for almost a week in game until I was passing it myself and they killed one.]

- Complete inability to handle the slightest piece of wall if there's no nearby gap

- Complete inability to handle structure collisions, especially when combined with said walls

- Mactusk becoming friendly and calmly walking back to his igloo after a set distance of kite despite a person bashing his head in

On 3/25/2021 at 7:38 AM, Well-met said:

- Mactusk becoming friendly and calmly walking back to his igloo after a set distance of kite despite a person bashing his head in

A lot of enemies actual have this sort of snap back mentality. There are ways to cheese ancient guardian, toadstool, bee queen, and moose goose fights / mechanics by simply walking some distance 

12 hours ago, Bones Junior said:

A lot of enemies actual have this sort of snap back mentality. There are ways to cheese ancient guardian, toadstool, bee queen, and moose goose fights / mechanics by simply walking some distance 

Good. Fix them all

Archived