Can't login to my Klei Account

Denis17211998

Guys, they're working on it; settle down. As a developer who works with OpenID - related stuff, I know how annoying it can be to troubleshoot issues with it. Good luck, and thanks for looking into it @YormanA!

In the mean time, if all you're trying to do is get those juicy points, you can use the workaround of going through the accounts page in-game.

3 hours ago, thepoynt said:

Guys, they're working on it; settle down. As a developer who works with OpenID - related stuff, I know how annoying it can be to troubleshoot issues with it. Good luck, and thanks for looking into it @YormanA!

In the mean time, if all you're trying to do is get those juicy points, you can use the workaround of going through the accounts page in-game.

please do not be rude, alright? many of these complaints are merged from other threads and as such cannot be reasonably expected to have seen the staff response(which of course came after the majority of the people commenting posted their issue). your comment feels very unfair and not well thought out

On 3/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, Rambutan said:

Workaround:

Open DST. From the title screen, click "Account" in the bottom left to bring up a browser window inside Steam. Paste points links into the address bar.

this works perfectly! thanks.

just right click on the link from original post, copy link address, and then go to accounts from the DST main menu page, and paste the address in the URL box.

7 hours ago, Gleenus said:

Temporary solution

No luck.. still need to login bringing me back in login page menu. I'm 1st time getting points so if you don't have points in the 1st place seems not working. because my discord friend told me just click directly in klei points and you can log in directly. thanks man for sharing anyway, but seems only apply that already have points

On 3/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, YormanA said:

Hello, everyone.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The user authentication flow with Steam is based on a technology called OpenID. In simple terms, OpenID allows a system to authenticate users without knowing their username or password simply by asking a different (trusted) entity to verify the user’s identity. In this case, the trusted entity is Steam.

Upon successful login, Steam uses your web browser to give Klei Accounts three things:

1. An Identity, which is your Steam ID;
  2. A Signature, which is a unique code to make sure the Identity is to be trusted;
  3. A Response Nonce, which is a special code to make sure the Signature is only available once.

At this point, Klei Accounts already knows which Steam user is trying to login by reading the Identity that Steam sent us using your web browser. However, because each user has complete control over their own web browser, it means that you can pass any Steam ID and attempt to log in as a different player.

To prevent this, Klei Accounts calls Steam and asks them to verify that the Signature and Response Nonce are good and because they are unique per user, if the Identity is different, the login flow fails.

Now, here is the part that is causing problems...

When Klei Accounts calls Steam to verify Identity, Signature, and Response Nonce, Steam is supposed to respond with another piece of information that contains two things: a Namespace and a Status.

1. Namespace, a URL pointing to the OpenID specification, so if Klei Accounts receives something different, it rejects the Identity and denies access to the website;
  2. Status is either “true” or “false”, which means the Identity can be trusted or not, respectively.

At this point, you can probably guess what is happening.

Steam seems to be generating a set of Identity, Signature and Response Nonce that is later considered invalid. For reasons unknown to me, because obviously, I do not work at Valve, the Namespace is different from what we expect. For other users, the Namespace is correct, but the Status is “false”, which means Steam is not trusting their Signature and Response Nonce. And for a subset of users, myself included, Steam is responding with “Access Denied”, which I can only guess what it means.

Rest reassured that I am working to offer a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I am guessing the current issue preventing me (and evidently others) from actually redeeming any rewards is probably based on the same unexpected responses from Steam.

But just in case anyone didn't know that: There's currently an issue preventing me, and evidently others, from actually redeeming any rewards! I sent an email on my ticket for the login issue about that, but I thought it might be good to say something here too.

Good luck getting to the bottom of this, y'all.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, gaymime said:

please do not be rude, alright? many of these complaints are merged from other threads and as such cannot be reasonably expected to have seen the staff response(which of course came after the majority of the people commenting posted their issue). your comment feels very unfair and not well thought out

how was he rude?
all he literally said was for people to settle down and that finding fixes for problems like this is annoying?
how is that the slightest bit rude?

Archived