Move the control station?

I was wondering the same thing. The control station is even included in the research tree and build menu, but I've never been able to actually build it because it can only be built inside rocket interiors but rocket interiors always have a control station that can't be deconstructed.

image.thumb.png.fc70b58f47c84e9ccab343e52f01dc11.png

a.thumb.png.b3b9db4c3f0d79f79f960ced2aaa9d16.png

And you get

2.thumb.png.b4bd9af85c0681fb74b6795708c81acb.png

The temperature of the steel tiles under the control station will rise to about 70C once, but it will quickly cool down to 40C or less due to the surrounding steel tiles.

3.thumb.png.7f67cd32a3b74d613d720d52cee11670.png

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

Is the control station buildable after you've destroyed it then?

Maybe build a second one then try destroying the original.

The "Space Program" research unlocks the control station in the build menu, but it doesn't seem to be useable without this sort of thing.

3 hours ago, Electroely said:

The "Space Program" research unlocks the control station in the build menu, but it doesn't seem to be useable without this sort of thing.

I want to put it on the ceiling or the wall, I can see the problems with pathing to this, but not really. We don't need every little animation to get into it, a woosh or a blurr might suffice.

I would probably mount it to the rocket door, sideways, or even the ceiling because floor space is precious...

Honestly, I wish there were layers to the rocket ( or even compartments ), this control booth looks like a hole in the wall, I would like to be able to stick it outside the wall, on the very top, or similar.

To get around some of the annoyances we have with rocket interiors, I think the background of the wall in the interiors should all be pathable like ladders. Might lead to some weird idling behaviours, but that could be addressed more holistically with gravitation towards better decor.

Archived