Silicon and computers - Automation idea

My idea involves the creation of computers, computers will be functional 1x1 structures that will allow up to four automation wires inputs/outputs. Computers can be "opened", granting access to a "separate location" (similar to how rocket modules work) where the user will be able to place bigger or more complex automation devices. 

In order to build a computer, you would need a computer microchip, to obtain it you will need to:

-Extract silicon from sand 

-Create a silicon wafer with a special structure 

-Use radiation to dope the wafer 

-Build a microchip with the radiated silicon + gold + plastic

Other possible uses of this microchip could be: adding the microchip as a requirement for certain automation structures already implemented, such as rover modules, robo-miners, etc.

22 hours ago, Banastor said:

1x1 structures that will allow up to four automation wires inputs/outputs.

I see a problem with that. Any input or output requires it`s own tile so it`s impossible to cram 8 ports into a 1x1 tile in the current game.

But i like the general idea. They could make a 2x4 structure that has 4 input and 4 output ports and can be accessed like the spacefarer module with a lot of space inside but allowing only for automation wires and gates to be placed (and maybe ladders). The foundation is already in place so it shouldn`t be hard to do. I think even modders could make something like that.

1 hour ago, pether said:

2x1 with ribbon in/out would be enough :)

I was thinking that each input/output could be linked to a specific side of the 1x1 square structure, and within the computer those 4 ports would be spatially separated.

Anyway, i had forgotten that ribbons existed, your alternative is better and less far fetched.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:31 AM, Banastor said:

In order to build a computer, you would need a computer microchip, to obtain it you will need to:

-Extract silicon from sand 

-Create a silicon wafer with a special structure 

-Use radiation to dope the wafer 

-Build a microchip with the radiated silicon + gold + plastic

I like the building and processing section, I`m dreaming of a chip production chain in the game. :beguiled:

:anonymous: Viva viva la Chip-o-lution ! :adoration:

image.png.2b04144b26b1d242f6ebdfbb5974a586.pngimage.thumb.png.8dfda74bdaa610dcf9f515136727bbbe.png

image.thumb.png.3bdaee932006e660950e9469b65c86a4.pngbart.gifimage.png.698d45aa387bb56f81c18ce51edd2fb5.png

On 3/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, Banastor said:

Now that I think about it, maybe this post should be moved to the DLC subforum. How do I move it or what I have to do to ask for it to be moved?

Klei will read it here, no worries :-P

Archived