since the last update im unable to chat with anyone. i use controller on PC and before you would click R3 type your message press A or Y and it would be said. now you click R3 and it brings world options up if i then use my keyboard to type a message it will write it out but wont send. i can type wave and it ill wave so i know its working to some extent. after trying this on my crontroller it seems to knock the controller from play as i can run around using the controller but nothing else, cant switch items or drop anything. this only happens after ive tried to communicate. please help me some dude took all my thuelesite armour and i couldnt ask him to either drop it or help me do gaurdian quick!! please help

Try connecting the controller in a different slot, if you are using a console controller with adapter, try both P1 and P2 slots. 

Make sure you connect it before the game opens with analong being on.

9 hours ago, davethestoner said:

since the last update im unable to chat with anyone. i use controller on PC and before you would click R3 type your message press A or Y and it would be said. now you click R3 and it brings world options up if i then use my keyboard to type a message it will write it out but wont send. i can type wave and it ill wave so i know its working to some extent. after trying this on my crontroller it seems to knock the controller from play as i can run around using the controller but nothing else, cant switch items or drop anything. this only happens after ive tried to communicate. please help me some dude took all my thuelesite armour and i couldnt ask him to either drop it or help me do gaurdian quick!! please help

I dont understand, if you are using a controller on pc you still need to type with the keyboard... so just press y on the keyboard?

i just logged on to try your technique and the only way i can chat is by pressing y on the keyboard and typing my message. however every time i do this it stops my controller from being able to do things i then have to disconnect and reconnect to the game for it to work again but when i type a message out it will stop my controller working properly again

1 hour ago, davethestoner said:

i just logged on to try your technique and the only way i can chat is by pressing y on the keyboard and typing my message. however every time i do this it stops my controller from being able to do things i then have to disconnect and reconnect to the game for it to work again but when i type a message out it will stop my controller working properly again

It may be a bug - tell devs in bug tracker
Or stop playing on controller, because anyway that game is better supported with mouse + keyboard (especially when it comes to using ranged items)

Archived