We need "Errands only" mode in cookpit... and extender.

Yes.
We need an "errands only" mode. Right here:

2.jpg.e6a2830be1b54303388cf699803c6c11.jpg

Why? Because often the presence of dudes inside during the idle time of a rocket is undesirable. They breathe a lot. They clog the toilets. They come just to stand inside. 
I realize that this is technically quite difficult to implement (Because running into the space toilet is also an "errand" and it's hard to separate one from the other), but it wouldn't be bad if dudes could only come in if they have errands to run AND leave when there are no errands to run. And they wouldn't have to be lured out of there or have to build ridiculous control systems that have to be controlled manually anyway. What I find now is that controlling duplicants and micromanaging missiles sometimes takes too much time and automation. I even think you could replace "All" with "errands only."

That is, the main task is to keep dudes from standing around inside and prevent them from using the toilets inside the rocket. Right now there is no normal solution to this problem. Doors and rights to use the toilets do not solve the problem, because it only limits the list of dudes who will run in there to loiter. Checkpoints don't solve the problem because there is no event to which you can tie the rights for bypass and the system can't kick dudes out from inside when they've already gone in. The only way is to manually change modes from "All" to " Crew" when no one is selected for the crew.

But, if it's complicated and time-consuming, please at least install an outlet on the rocket platform, even if it's 2000W consumption, and throw an extension cord in the cockpit. Seriously, dudes learned how to fly into space on carbon dioxide. Can they bring an extension cord into the cockpit, so that while the rocket is standing idle, there is electricity inside? I get it, you put in a battery that charges from the engine, super, but that's a whole module, and there are very few modules you can put in... With carbon dioxide rockets, I'm fine with not having electricity in space, but on earth you can let the internal systems be powered from external sources, right? It even says on the battery that it can be recharged from the rocket platform, which means that such an idea has definitely crossed your mind. So if I have to wait, I'll wait.

Oh, sorry. Good morning and thx for attention.

29 minutes ago, MachineryMan said:

They breathe a lot. They clog the toilets. They come just to stand inside. 

Building oxygen mask docks before they enter a rocket (to leave the mask they wear in space biome before they travel) is even more fun!

Alert "trapped" pops whenever a dupe decides to go inside the rocket and then stand/loiter just before the dock's check point, wears a mask for a second and then feels "trapped" while the mask refuels.. :hopelessness: Also disregarding the "vacancy only" setting of check point creates even more chaos...

+Radiation to the mix! Yay! :D

We need a toilet setting that only allows it to be used during flight or better a new toilet type that expells the waste outside the ship and can be only used during flight.

As for dupes idling inside probably a proiority 1 set of hamster wheels in the base could help make them idle in a more desirable place.

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Alert "trapped" pops whenever a dupe decides to go inside the rocket and then stand/loiter just before the dock's check point, wears a mask for a second and then feels "trapped" while the mask refuels.. :hopelessness: Also disregarding the "vacancy only" setting of check point creates even more chaos...

There just happens to be a problem with getting through a mechanical airlock. I can not yet describe this bug, as I do not understand the reasons for reproduction. And you talk about such complicated things here!!!

2 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

As for dupes idling inside probably a proiority 1 set of hamster wheels in the base could help make them idle in a more desirable place

No, it's not even about the wheel. I turn it off when the rocket is on the ground, even if the food spoils a bit during the work, it's not a big deal. But dudes run inside for many reasons: the toilet in the rocket is the closest, the source of oxygen and food in the rocket is the closest, they bring something into the rocket and decide to sit there. In general, all this, of course, can be controlled, but it's just wrong. I come back from Astrod III, look into the rocket, and there's a rap party, a clogged latrine, piled up in the corner...  all the oxygen out, and half the fridge eaten. And I'm starting to wonder what I did that they decided to sit there and I remember that I just decided to run a wire to the rocket, then went off on other business. I told them to lay the wire, and now I have another 15 minutes to spend getting the rocket in order.

6 minutes ago, MachineryMan said:

No, it's not even about the wheel. I turn it off when the rocket is on the groun

I meant a set of wheels in the base. They will make dupes run on the instead of idling. This way they won`t sit in the rocket and use oxygen.

To prevent them eating the food i put berry sludge in the rocket and only the pilot is allowed to eat that.

It`s harder to prevent them from using the toilet. Setting it for the pilot only causes the pilot to ignore the toilets in base but it`s still better than everybody using them. Maybe restricting access to the rocket during downtime would work but that`s only possible if you don`t have multiple schedules.

3 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I meant a set of wheels in the base. They will make dupes run on the instead of idling. This way they won`t sit in the rocket and use oxygen.

To prevent them eating the food i put berry sludge in the rocket and only the pilot is allowed to eat that.

Thanks for sharing!) I've already tweaked some mechanism that more often than not gets the job done. It just annoys me anyway that there should be such mechanisms at all. I mean, in my opinion, it's a flaw in the rocket management system, rather than a really interesting game challenge.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

if you don`t have multiple schedules.

Of course I have tons of them. There are no options here.

Weird, in general I thought I was going to be told what a terrible idea it was to throw an extension cord in the cockpit.

17 minutes ago, MachineryMan said:

There just happens to be a problem with getting through a mechanical airlock. I can not yet describe this bug, as I do not understand the reasons for reproduction. And you talk about such complicated things here!!!

It was a continuation/evolution of that build 

Spoiler

Reasons for "trapped" alert

image.thumb.png.5421b9632b5466a37ab6a9ffbe7b1bfc.png

Mechanized airlock have other fun results :P

Spoiler

*Entombed dupe behind door

1851705921_entombedstill.thumb.JPG.c6497845dc3ac1f74f66273b5d1ed973.JPG

14 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

It was a continuation/evolution of that build 

Oh, I did the same thing with ATMO in the previous version. They really didn't work that cool even back then.

14 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Entombed dupe behind door

Ah, I saw your bug report. I have a feeling that dudes have forgot how to dig and build from an open airlock. In fact, it now opens, the dude is dumb-standing at the entrance, the airlock closes, and you end up with a magically built or excavated block in front of the airlock. It is clear that, as a result of such work, there are blockages and long deliberations at the entrance. I even once saw a dude stalling in space while his apparently holy spirit was scrambling for a piece of granite to continue building the wall. That is, without entering the airlock, he was able to get this piece of granite, which is quite far from the airlock, and continue building. Renamed it to Noob Saibot.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

We need a toilet setting that only allows it to be used during flight or better a new toilet type that expells the waste outside the ship and can be only used during flight.

A 'signal fitting' that can be used to read any of the launch conditions (presence of fuel, crew, cargo, e t c) from rocket as well as current 'in flight' state. Thus it will be possible to set toilets to 'open' when rocket is in flight only.

Archived