[WARNING] Too many water particles to render. Wanted 56486565 but truncating to limit

What causes this? My game pauses for like 5 - 10 seconds every 5 - 10 seconds and generates thousands of these warnings in the player log. By Oasis base is only on Cycle 640. I haven't punctured space. I did put most of the subsurface ocean in a big tank. Still I wouldn't think individual particle of ocean water would need to be rendered.

There are three steam rooms with a dense amount of steam (and hot spots around various parts of them map where volcanos are over heating biomes, turning water to steam.

[WARNING] Too many water particles to render. Wanted 56486565 but truncating to limit

Judging from the log, some tile(s) reached the hard limit and is cutting down the amount, destroying the rest. His happens, when liquid/gases are compressed. You may want to check if one (or more) tile(s) are above 1000kg of liquid, which would be the normal max amount for a free tile. 

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Judging from the log, some tile(s) reached the hard limit and is cutting down the amount, destroying the rest. His happens, when liquid/gases are compressed. You may want to check if one (or more) tile(s) are above 1000kg of liquid, which would be the normal max amount for a free tile. 

AH, so that is what happens if you compress too much. Interesting.

16 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

A few patches ago, they introduced a hard limit for liquid and gas quantities on one tile. 

What are the limits? I am using infinite gas storages and there is over 3500kg of natural gas per tile. I see no errors so far.

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I Think they´ve set it to 2 million ingame units, to prevent a 32bit overflow.

32 bit signed overflow would be at around 2 billion. But at around 8 million you get that the 32 bit short floats used by the game stop acting like 23 bit integers (plus sign). IEEE 754 requires float types to act as integers as long as possible.

So with a bit of safety margin, 2 million would make sense.

Archived