MAKE YEAR OF THE BEEFALO SKINS PERMANENT CONTENT

I really don't like that we have to turn on an event for a couple of minutes on every world every single time, its a pretty bad solution.

A beefalo skin system and the bell should be permanent beyond the event.

Perhaps without the event on, the beefalo skins would be weavable, and the advantage of the event is, just not having to purchase them (like, during Hallowed nights you can use the costumes for free). But the mechanics should be integrated to the main game.

Wait.. we can toggle back on old events with the upcoming update? Oh wow.. I never actually got to play Year of the Pig King or Year of the Varg so that’s going to be exciting for Me!!

I did get to play Year of the Carrat and it gave us the most epic loyal pet ever who I miss dearly since that event ended..

I just hope that I can actually PLAY the entire event stuff without it causing problems with my game..

(Putting Carrat on Carrat Podium & trying to inspect him after the event ended would CRASH your Xbox Console because the Strings of Text that the characters are supposed to have for him were no longer in the game when Carrat could no longer be your friendly loyal pet.)

These are problems I’m sure Klei will have to Address If events can now be toggled ON/OFF at our own desire.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

These are problems I’m sure Klei will have to Address If events can now be toggled ON/OFF at our own desire.

On PC, there were mods that allowed you to change the event on the push of a button. And it wouldn't have any issues

Now.. of course that was on pc, and MAYBE the mod fixed said issues itself. So I don't know if console will be flawless or not.

But it does show that it did work

2 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

On PC, there were mods that allowed you to change the event on the push of a button. And it wouldn't have any issues

Now.. of course that was on pc, and MAYBE the mod fixed said issues itself. So I don't know if console will be flawless or not.

But it does show that it did work

It was because due to disabling the event, not because the ""quotes"" were missing.
It will work on console just fine, with the exception of using event items when they are very much not supposed to be used outside of the event/ if there's no compability.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

All the world gen settings wont be permanent with the next update and that includes events. It shouldnt bring any problem to your worlds, changing events was a thing in pc via commands and nothing bad happens. Klei made the good choice of making it like this so consoles have access to that feature too. 

It gives a lot of playable time to each world since you can toggle events and do stuff when you are tired of the base game. Like making christmast and clay vargs decorations or later making a huge carrat race with obstacles, etc

Archived