[Experimental] - 453403

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Fixes! Get your Fixes here! Set right up!

CARDS

• Reduced the renown cap of Dominion by 1
  • Deceive now has a priority of PRESETTOR
  • Fixed bug caused by an interaction between kindling and sapping bile
  • Fixed bug where the first aid boon was triggered by debuffs decaying
  • fixed a doubled up flavor on a rook negotiation card and condition builder update
  • Fixed the event priority on Dogged
  • Greedy can now only be targeted by cards, similar to Levy
  • Increased damage of Dogged, it now costs 1 less when prepared instead of costing 0
  • Midbrain Padding now triggers before Jarackle Janglers

GAMEPLAY

• lowered hp of Vix's heshbladders
  • Fixed bug where the looping fx from toxic_buildup stuck around after the condition was removed
  • Added a basic combat behaviour for the deltrean dignitary
  • hook up normal vix fight in experiment, and vix's normal boss intro
  • The combat backup in smith_tei_buyer_beware.lua is now an autodog on day 1
  • Fixed bug where the Handy perk would restore charges to items when they were dealt at the start of battle/negotiation
  • keep new_supplier out of the fight to free old_supplier in side_smith_seemli_new_deal.lua
  • Added missing titles to Shredmaw, Droad.
  • Suppress intimidated greeting quip after robbing prototype.
  • absolute_focus no longer counts as completed unless you win the challenge
  • Fixed crash caused by mutant vix's acid attack

UI

• Fix some subtle cases where right-clicking will invoke card popup info undesirably.
  •  . Suppress it whenever targetting or dragging a card.
  •  . You must click down AND release on the card to show its info popup.
  •  . Clear alt_hover flag when a card loses hover.
  •  . Cancel current chosen card on control up instead of down.
  • Put the 'click to continue' overlay above the in hand cards, to prevent interaction with them.  This puts dealt cards above as well, which seems ok.
  • Added custom titles for Bordenkra and Theroux
  • Remove red highlighting on re-usable Attack! convo option text.

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 4

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Reduced the renown cap of Dominion by 1

Relative to Amplify or Pursue, it's not competitive in most cases.

Amplify or Pursue can increase a card damage by 2 this negotiation, Diplomacy cards or Hostility cards are applicative, and without resources. They can be repeated on a card, then the card will be so stronger in this negotiation. And Amplify or Pursue will be no negative impact.

Dominion need renown , and need Hostility cards , and will decay per turn. All of these make it harder to use. And Dominion will have some negative impacts , for example , Topple , or Degrade when I want to attack to Hot Air.

So I don't know why you weaken it.

55 minutes ago, qwerjk said:

And Dominion will have some negative impacts , for example , Topple , or Degrade when I want to attack to Hot Air.

You're mixing two distinct archetypes here, self-damage and pure Hostility. You don't run Dominance in a self-damage build, outside of Degrading Nepotism's Notion for the occasional boosted Degrade attack against the enemy.

I'm not a fan of these pour cards, like Tyrannize and Trade, cause they require you to keep a source of Influence which has no use outside of being transformed into Dominance (though it's easier for Sal than Rook since she has Inspiration, and gets to keep it even after upgrading to Hostile Tactics). Smith's Renown in a purely offensive Hostility deck is even worse, being a liability that threatens to blow up in your face if an enemy targets it.

1 hour ago, ZeppMan217 said:

You don't run Dominance in a self-damage build, outside of Degrading Nepotism's Notion for the occasional boosted Degrade attack against the enemy.

In fact, Topple is a very functional card, it could have been in any deck. but Dominance will make it a threat to myself. So, Dominance is worse for Smith than extra damage. I mean, only for Smith, not for Sal or Rook, the dominance is too weak.

And I understand they don't fit in very well, Topple and Dominance. But I often need to use Topple, even though I use a lot of Hostility cards. 

In fact, I need to emphasize that Dominance is an argument ,so you will give it some Composure to save itself. And it will decay over time. For others(Sal and Rook), you have no choice. But for Smith, you can use Amplify or Pursue. Dominance is not a good idea.

2 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

I'm not a fan of these pour cards, like Tyrannize and Trade, cause they require you to keep a source of Influence which has no use outside of being transformed into Dominance

Yeah, I don't like it, either. It means I should get some card to get the resources I don't need. Influence is this, and Renown also. 

I don't know why I have Renown in the negotiation if I have many Hostility cards in my deck.

2 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Smith's Renown in a purely offensive Hostility deck is even worse, being a liability that threatens to blow up in your face if an enemy targets it.

So I don't use Renown cards anytime when I have a Hostility deck. So the Dominance is always useless.

So I don't know why weaken it.