Please Give Bosses Health Bars (on console)

Please give us the option to turn on Health Bars for the Bosses. 

I know that there are mods for this on PC, but those of us playing on console can't use mods.

-------

Some of the bosses in this game have so much health you literally have to spend days fighting them, and it's really discouraging when you're running low on resources, but you can't tell if it's worth it to keep fighting or to run. 

Or when you try a new weapon/strategy, you can't see if it's actually more effective or not. 

It's really difficult to get better at fighting something when you can't see any progress until you've completely killed it. 

True story: I always gave up on killing Dragonfly because I thought it had ridiculous amounts of health- and it does.. But, hilariously it only took about 5 more hits after I was ready to give up.. to kill it.

The problem? It does not show any visual signs of getting any closer to being killed.

Its not like say: the Psychos of Dead Rising where you can visually see how close that boss is to being beaten, or even visual damage on the boss itself, bleeding, limping etc..

Such as: When I Dino in Ark Survival Evolved gets injured, or when you shoot a Skag in Borderlands 2 & it limps away to call more Skags to help it.

Health bars would be a very nice thing to add in a future QoL update I think :) 

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But, hilariously it only took about 5 more hits after I was ready to give up.. to kill it.

you said that, is hilarious when you are having troubles but there is one hit left to win instead of knowing that the boss have few hits left and you could tank him to kill it fast. It removes a lot of danger and emotion also doenst fit the game

for fights with healing like fw or crab king is true that are a pain to know if you are doing right or not

for weapons damage and other stuff there is a dummy doll that can be spawned so it would be nice to be able to craft it to learn more about the game

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem? It does not show any visual signs of getting any closer to being killed.

Yes Exactly! Maybe if they can't do health bars they could have some visual indicator that the boss is at low health. At least for the big ones. 

Some bosses like bq have visual indicator she screeches in every phase and i think dragonfly goes first lavae when her health is 90% then 75% 50% 25% 12,5% 

Dragonfly is probably wrong but you get the point 

Well if you guys are talking about bearger and deerclops and treeguard and spider queen and malbatross and ancient guardian and crab king and fuelweaver and shadow pieces and antlion and moose goose then i totally agree :lol:

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you said that, is hilarious when you are having troubles but there is one hit left to win instead of knowing that the boss have few hits left and you could tank him to quick it fast. It removes a lot of danger and emotion also doenst fit the game

Unfortunately, in most cases if you die or run away then you will never know that you were actually so close. So you will not have that hilarious experience, you will just think "I was not good enough" but you won't know that you were actually doing really well.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

for fights with healing like fw or crab king is true that are a pain to know if you are doing right or not

Yes Exactly! I have been trying FuelWeaver over and over again for the last few days. I wish I could see if my skills are improving. I think I am getting close to killing him.. but I really can't tell. I don't want to give up and use a bunch of catapults.. but I am feeling very hopeless at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Bumble_Vee said:

"I was not good enough" but you won't know that you were actually doing really well.

if you have to flee im sorry to say that wasnt a really well job done

10 minutes ago, Bumble_Vee said:

Yes Exactly! I have been trying FuelWeaver over and over again for the last few days. I wish I could see if my skills are improving. I think I am getting close to killing him.. but I really can't tell. I don't want to give up and use a bunch of catapults.. but I am feeling very hopeless at the moment. 

antlion, fw and crabking makes sounds when they heal so you can know if you are improving

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

antlion, fw and crabking makes sounds when they heal so you can know if you are improving

Do you mean that I should count every time I hear the sound of him eating one of the woven shadows and do the math in my head?

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

crab king has indicator, the more wounded the more destroyed is his shell

That's Awesome! If more of the bosses had indicators like that, then there would be less need for health bars. I would still like the option though.   

Archived