Map markers and notes

Yeah, just a thought. Would you find it useful if you were able to click on the map to add little notes and markers there?

Most of the important things are already displayed on the map, but I've still felt like I've wanted to add something.

(NOTE: I haven't yet played long and well enough to be able to make and use papyrus - as in, is this feature already there?)

there actually is already a discussion about beeing able to use the paper we can make together with some wood to place signs that you can write on on the ground that are also viewable on the map. I guess that would work for what you are suggesting, and in addition would be a bit more valuable, since you first need the resources to make it, and as we all know, Don't Starve is all about using resources :)

What I want to know is why aren't swamps properly marked on the map?

What do you mean? Swamps get a distinctive texture like every other biome on the map and reeds are marked.

Having all these things marked on the map (grasses, branches, rocks, reeds, camps, machines, eggs, etc) it would be nice if the biomes had a slight change on color besides their own texture, as sometimes it could be a little bit trouble some finding a specific spot.

What do you mean? Swamps get a distinctive texture like every other biome on the map and reeds are marked.

I wouldn't use the word "distinct" for this texture:

post-1142-13764589367875_thumb.png

I mean if I really stare at it, yes I can tell the lines are slightly different, but it would be nice if they used another shader, like a brown, to denote swamps. And yes, reeds do mark swamps, but not how far the swamp extends.

This is something I thought of before, and originally I had hoped that papyrus would be used for this purpose (before I found out that it's currently useless). In fact, it might be interesting if the game didn't mark so much for you, and instead allowed you the option of having a mostly blank map you'd have to mark for yourself. That might be an interesting optional setting for some added challenge and immersion.