Feedback, Opinions and Suggestions

Some feedback and opinions of the DLC, and a bit for the Vanilla.

Please note this is just my opinion, a polite suggestion and feedback, not a demand or insisting on the below be done.

Starting the game, the dupe selection phase – I would love to see opposing traits be not possible, its a bit silly to have a none empathic doctor/medicine giver, or a digger with the undigging trait, and many others.

World gen – need to have stronger checks to ensure you generate Plug Slugs, I had a few worlds with 0 Slugs.

In game -

Ok, the whole medical system is virtually useless, a dead branch of the research tree, the illness mechanic needs to have its presence increased, perhaps adding an injury mechanic if a dupe falls down a certain amount.

Suggestion: Add a new room layout that doesn’t need a sink/toilet/mess table, call it a clinic which you can later add hospitals, this will allow for a halfway remedy for illness, so its easier to deal with illness (and possible injuries) if you plan for it.

Kitchen, it’s sad the microbeslusher is barely an option, it lacks recipes that can be used on the fryer, so most players simply by-pass it until much later.I also think food storage is lacking, you have a ration box and a small fridge, so most players simply use a carbon or chlorine infinity storage.

Suggestion: Add a Kitchen Fridge which can store lots of ingredients and additives but not cooked/prepared meals.

Transportation, there is a large gap after fire poles and by the time you get to transit tubes, it would be nice to have some other form to transport dupes.

Suggestion – How about a lift with multiple single dupe floors that continuously go up to the top, then over top and come down on the other side (requiring a 2 block large space), this will allow for a midway option after poles and before tubes but cant be spammed due to space requirements.

Research, research is too fast at times, even with a low skilled researcher, so fast you can clear most if not all of the tree before you even settle other planetoids (unless you rush to TP or surface and rockets). In my opinion the first stage is decent, but the second stage is too fast.

Suggestion – add a third research station type for researching a third type of research item to split the current second tier of research into two, and make a Research Lab option.

I would also love to have slopes and stairs, so I can make more visually appealing layouts and not get slapped around by inefficiency :P

Thanks for reading, and if a developer does read this mess, thanks for the fun game(s) and many hours pleasantly spent whittling at my bases.

1 hour ago, ASnogarD said:

I would also love to have slopes and stairs, so I can make more visually appealing layouts and not get slapped around by inefficiency :P

I also would love slopes, stairs, elevators, escalators, railway, bulldozer, fire engine, bridge building, crane, concrete factory, space shuttle+station, satellites, microwave galactic power dishes, reactor, regolith and a double whopper in this year - Many thanks Klei.

2 hours ago, ASnogarD said:

I would love to see opposing traits be not possible, its a bit silly to have a none empathic doctor/medicine giver, or a digger with the undigging trait, and many others.

I was sure they fixed that...

Ok, the whole medical system is virtually useless, a dead branch of the research tree, the illness mechanic needs to have its presence increased, perhaps adding an injury mechanic if a dupe falls down a certain amount.

Sad but true... :( I would love to see game setting option to increase germ severity

it’s sad the microbeslusher is barely an option, it lacks recipes that can be used on the fryer, so most players simply by-pass it until much later

I'd say the musher is fine. It is last bastion of muddy hope before starvation kills everyone. I feel it is suposed not to be used unless you really need to.

Research, research is too fast at times

Totally agree! I now work on the mod to make each tech require some precodnditions to be satisfied by the player before you could work on them. Another option would be to make advanced stations of multiple types that each work differently, for example - microbiology lab could require researcher to be good at medicine too, but it would work only on medicine-related techs

Those would be nice, as well as other visual items with no other purposes. Signs, lamps, furniture, POI items, tiles of different graphics, wallpapers and many many more

1 hour ago, pether said:

I was sure they fixed that...

They fixed the +- in traits (e.g. mole hands, undigging) but having an interest conflicting a trait is intended (Dupe likes to be a digger but is not good at digging). I still find some unreasonable though (e.g. unconstructive having mechatronics engineer skill or likes rocketry but is yokel...)

Unempathetic doctors are actually a real world problem. Moreover, bedside manner is usually only talked about when it is done poorly.

Flaws are flaws. You can have high skills with retraction flaws, it seems arbitrary. 

It would be nice if these negative affections had a chance to disappear each time the duplicant leveled up. With increasing chances if they're morale has been satisfied long enough.

Archived