How to get Banes/Boons from vendors?

So, I've noticed that vendors have banes and boons, but i've always wondered how one can get them. Some vendors, like Endo, Rake, Plocka, Beast guy whose name i forget, and Sweet Moreef i understand how to get their boons, with that upgrade thing that makes a random person who likes you end up loving you instead. But other vendors like Plundak and Hebbel also have banes and boons, and yet to my knowledge, there is no scenario where they'd even like you or dislike you, much less love or hate you. Also, how would you get the banes of Fssh and Sweet Moreef? I've never seen anything that causes them to have a diminished opinion of you. How do you get all these banes and boons from vendors?

If you use that perk in tandem with the perk that makes random people like you when you start a run, you can get the boons of some vendors and a pretty sweet discount while you are at it.

As far as the banes of Fssh and Sweet Moreef go, I'm not sure if there is a way to accomplish that, although there are ways for your relationship with Sweet Moreef to drop so maybe its possible for him to start hating you without doing anything special.

I assume if you kill a vendor, another vendor will start hating you. I am not sure, if there are any sidequests in the game atm, that could make that happen, but the devs will have prepared the development space already.

Also, there is probably a generic template for npcs somewhere in the bowels of the program, and they would have had the options either to modify it specifically for vendors, or just fill in the blanks. Filling in the blanks is probably the more stable solution.

Nah. The jobs for the vendors in sal's story are closed, which means that it can only be assigned manually. Plus, the vendors have plot armor tied to the character, so they can't be assigned side quests, and can't hate you because you killed someone else in their faction.

This was a long time ago, but during one Rook run I died pretty early on and the game let me pick to either make all Rise or all Spark Barons instantly like me. I picked Spark Barons and got a discount on Plucka's store. It also made Spark Baron robots like me, somehow.

Is this mechanic even still in the game? What factions, if any, does Smith pick between?

What about the day 1 quest for Sal to defend a shop from an ambush? I know you got the option to just sneak out instead, I guess, that doesn't improve your standing, and that quest is definitely still in the game. Although I don't remember, who's shop Sal is actually supposed to defend. Isn't he a vendor?

Hebbel has no innate plot armor, so you can play a scenario during which he is not granted plot armor and see what happens. Like the rook brawl for some reason.

For plundak, you need to enable the bare mettle mutator to prevent the mettle quest from spawning(where you go to his shop to buy some "candy"). This quest forces her to stay at the mettle shop, and you probably don't want that. Since she doesn't have plot armor, she follows the normal rules of drinking, gifting, hating you for killing jakes, etc. Keep in mind that she isn't in the region by default so you have to get lucky and get her other quest where she sells you past cards and grafts instead of illicit substances.

For fssh, idk use debug or something.

Archived