Show me Your Builds Ideas

Welcome and hugs :)

Hopefully someone responds to your request. May I ask you this: If you had 5 sentences on up to 5 things you love with the game, what would those 5 things be?

Also... What are 5 things you miss with the game or what you really don't like?

Cake time now! Yuuuuumiiieeee.

Hello friend and welcome!

Some suggestions for improvement:

• The cooling solution for the oxygen is maybe a little overkill. 3600W + 240W for the pump to keep your oxygen at ~20°C - this is definitely possible more energy-efficient (e.g. one aquatuner is enough to keep your heatsink chill, as well the pump could be replaced by a liquid reservoir). Furthermore in this kind of setup one would expect the aquatuners BFF: the steam turbine.
  • The additional 120W from the gas filter are also not necessary. Once the hydrogen atmosphere in the upper chamber has established, the gas pump can only draw hydrogen.
  • To absorb the max. oxygen-output form 2 electrolyzers (2x 888g/s), you'll need 4 gas pumps in the lower chamber.

In my current DLC playthrough I use a cold slush geyser (-10°C polluted water) rodriguez setup to supply -up to 12 dupes- with oxygen:

Overview.jpg

Plumbing.jpg

Ventilation.jpg

• The polluted water is heated to 10°C to avoid broken pipes, once passing through the water sieve. Rodriguez is SPOM, geyser- and Pokeshell chamber are external powered.
  • The Pokeshell takes care of the polluted dirt - I love this solution!
  • The liquid reservoirs stores some polluted water and (overkill) huge amounts of water to survive the dormancy period.
  • The 10°C water meanders through the SPOM and cools the oxygen to ~20°C.
  • NOTE: ignore the metal tiles and tempshift plates in the upper chamber. They are only useful in the lower chamber, where the oxygen gets absorbed. Attempts was made.

Thanks for your attention!

Kind regards

Ok, this is nothing really complicated but maybe it will help some less experienced users. Here is setup I am using for metal refinery to do not deal with its heat.

obraz.thumb.png.02cee28f14d49f368661374171a0c450.png

obraz.thumb.png.75b074883a48d84f2d1b6946713d6533.png

Cooling medium here is 800kg of crude oil. There are two temperature sensors. Top one is below 130 C and bottom one is above 140 C.
Additional void between refinery and steam chamber is insulator (vacuum) and gives crude oil enough space in cooling loop to do not interfere with incoming hot crude oil.

Temperature sensor in steam turbine chamber is just to close the door, to restrict access to wheezewortwort, to prevent steam chamber from getting too cold.

Design is not for continues usage but is complete solution for occasional refinement.

22 hours ago, babba said:

Welcome and hugs :)

Hopefully someone responds to your request. May I ask you this: If you had 5 sentences on up to 5 things you love with the game, what would those 5 things be?

Also... What are 5 things you miss with the game or what you really don't like?

Cake time now! Yuuuuumiiieeee.

I think this game is amazing, but 5 things would be;

1. I love how much detail has gone into this game.

2. I love how the dupes react to happiness, my favourite is the balloons.

3. I love how the dupes react to stress, my favourite is the ugly crier its so cute

4. I love how I've played only 300 hrs on this game and I haven't even got the dlc or moved off the first asteroid, so much to learn and do.

5. i love how creative they have been with the overall game.

only just started the game so i cant miss any thing but I don't like that the dupes ai isn't perfect and there pathing can get messed up sometimes but that's it really maybe more ways for décor and activities would be nice too 

Could somebody share savefile with this SPOMs solutions? I want to check efficiency of it. I never build something like that, I just set electrolyzers <somewhere> in my base, add 2 gas pumps on the top of colony to collect hydrogen (for all colony), and 2 gas pumps near atmo-suits docking stations which is connected to gas filter. By crude calculation, SPOM is more energy efficient, because for 2 electrolyzes you have 5 gas pumps, and in my setup for 2 electrolyzers I have like 5 gas pumps and 2 gas filters. BUT. In my setup all oxygen inside of gas pumps going to atmo suits, and rest of it going for base, and it is more then enough for survival. In SPOM solution you need to dump oxygen into base with pipes, and in that case it become in 2 times less efficient. And this efficiency should fall down if they idle because of gas pressure.

19 hours ago, sheaker said:

Ok, this is nothing really complicated but maybe it will help some less experienced users. Here is setup I am using for metal refinery to do not deal with its heat.

I prefer to "deal with the heat"

On picture you can see 4 metal refinery. They work in pairs, oil going inside of 2 of them, and then hot oil going to next 2 of them. After it oil with temperature 180-250C going through all this room, making average temperature around 150. After it oil going inside of 2 oil refinaries, where it become petroleum and natural gas (gas is located in separate chambers), and then petroleum going to oil generators (natural gas going to gas generators). Oil and natural gas generators emit polluted water. Environment is hot enough (150C) and polluted water transform into nice hot steam, which is consumed by top steam turbines. Molten slicksters like that temperature and CO from generators and produce additional petroleum.

Problems - if you have too much slicksters, they will eat all CO (as it happen on picture). If you will process all ore on map, room become too cold, bunt in this time you can build crude oil-petroleum converter which is based on magma, and get rid of petroleum refineries.

New Text Document (2).jpg

20 hours ago, TheMattDaddyO said:

I think this game is amazing, but 5 things would be;

1. I love how much detail has gone into this game.

2. I love how the dupes react to happiness, my favourite is the balloons.

3. I love how the dupes react to stress, my favourite is the ugly crier its so cute

4. I love how I've played only 300 hrs on this game and I haven't even got the dlc or moved off the first asteroid, so much to learn and do.

5. i love how creative they have been with the overall game.

only just started the game so i cant miss any thing but I don't like that the dupes ai isn't perfect and there pathing can get messed up sometimes but that's it really maybe more ways for décor and activities would be nice too 

I love the overjoy and stress reactions! My fave are the balloons and sticker bombers. I love seeing the stickers everywhere (and the morale bonus they give off is nice, too).

Because in "default" setup you have 1 electrolyzer + 2 gas pumps + 1 gas filter. It is enough to provide oxygen for 9-10 atmo suits + spread oxygen in a large area

with SPOM you have 1 electrolyzer + 2 gas pumps for 10 atmo suits and nothing else. If you are using additional 2 gas pumps and 1 electrolyzer for spreading oxygen in base, it mean you are wasting 480 energy just to make "only-oxygen" environment.

From another side you have less problems with cooling. So, not sure is it worth it or not.

1 hour ago, degr said:

Because in "default" setup you have 1 electrolyzer + 2 gas pumps + 1 gas filter. It is enough to provide oxygen for 9-10 atmo suits + spread oxygen in a large area

As long as you don't have dupes with diver's lungs / mouth breather trait, one dupe will consume 100g/s. One electrolyzer will provide 888g oxygen (and 112g hydrogen) per second, which is enough for max. 8 dupes. Ergo an 1 electrolyzer setup can maybe provide oxygen for 9-10 atmo suits, but never for 9-10 dupes.

2 hours ago, degr said:

with SPOM you have 1 electrolyzer + 2 gas pumps for 10 atmo suits and nothing else. If you are using additional 2 gas pumps and 1 electrolyzer for spreading oxygen in base, it mean you are wasting 480 energy just to make "only-oxygen" environment.

The number of pumps within a SPOM depends on the produced amount of oxygen/hydrogen, respectively the number of elektrolyzers. If you produce (more than) enough, your electrolyzer will regularly overpressure and become idle. Therefore and because a SPOM is basically self-sufficient, it actually can't waste energy.

2 hours ago, degr said:

From another side you have less problems with cooling. So, not sure is it worth it or not.

I'm not sure if I get you right, but output temperature of an electrolyzer is 70°C. However, a SPOM is absolute standard IMO.

2 hours ago, MooChiChi said:

As long as you don't have dupes with diver's lungs / mouth breather trait, one dupe will consume 100g/s. One electrolyzer will provide 888g oxygen (and 112g hydrogen) per second, which is enough for max. 8 dupes. Ergo an 1 electrolyzer setup can maybe provide oxygen for 9-10 atmo suits, but never for 9-10 dupes.

You did not got my point. Check picture:

Spoiler

345731723_NewTextDocument(2).thumb.jpg.0eec07e63f470b0c9eace8cbe80792f4.jpg

I have 2 electrolyzers, and I'm using 3 gas pumps + 2 filters to supply 16 atmo suits. In barely-breathing area I have 700 mg of oxygen per tile. If we will go little right, we can see one more electrolyzer:

Spoiler

150443293_NewTextDocument(2).thumb.jpg.133e4d97a8c152b826207eca450b9e78.jpg

Which supply 4 atmo suits and all area around.

So, on provided screenshots you can see 3 electrolyzers, 4 pumps and 3 gas filters (could be 2, because of 2 pumps for 1 filter). They supply 20 atmo suits, and make large area "breathable". To achieve same effect, as I understand, you need 3 additional gas pumps? it's 720 energy wasted for nothing. (PS, right gas pump work 23% of time during last 5 loops)

I'm not sure if I get you right, but output temperature of an electrolyzer is 70°C. However, a SPOM is absolute standard IMO.

I mean, you can cool only output oxygen, while I'm cooling all base.

I am never using spoms for my base (this is fourth base with over 1000 cycles on it.). Currently I am using one electrolyser for 8 dupes. Free hydrogen is captured at the top of my base for the purpose of LH2 generation.
obraz.thumb.png.199875c3cae508a962f635b6f187548f.png

Automation is tripple redundancy gas element sensor with separate filter gates plus one pressure sensor near the pump itself. Settings are per base design: If the flow of gases is easy You can set higher pressure limit. Hydrogen generator is a backup source of energy but it was not used since a long time.
Oxygen itself is cooled by one wheezwort few tiles above electrolyser.

Ok, here is another simple design for rocket heat recovery system:
obraz.png.8bf7a19a203476b850e56d651c83e0b4.png
Metal tiles, tempshift plates inside steam chamber, radiant pipes are made of gold. Three tempshift plates above steam chamber are made of aluminium. In this design steam turbine chamber is filled with hydrogen but it could be 25kg of petroleum. Working medium in radiant pipe is crude oil and this loop is just to uniform temperature. Insulated tiles and pipes are made of ceramic. There is slightly above 300kg of steam in each tile. Steam chamber is surrounded by vacuum.

obraz.png.9bee2b933e9c2c676b6e0c93f863c185.png

Steam turbine cooling loop is using similar setup to this with crude oil - it is a closed loop with one bridge to force flow direction and is flowing between cool slush geyser and steam turbine chamber. However - cooling steam turbine chamber may be done in may other ways. Steam turbine is connected with heavy watt wire to the main high voltage grid.

Setup with rocket engine on top of it:
obraz.png.c1f826c9722f2334ddc0d2326c1f8952.png

I am not 100% sure if it will withstand hydrogen rocket engine as I tested in only on petroleum so far.

Archived