DST and Burnout.

15 hours ago, Erineyes7 said:

I've been in love this game for a short time, only around half a year. This game has shot up to one of my favorites so quickly and it properly deserves that praise with the time I put into it.

But as of late, I've felt so bored of the gameplay that I find it hard to start something new in the game. It's been about a month since I really played it, and Certain things such as exploring have lost all meaning, as most of what I find on the surface isn't necessary to my experience in any way. At some point every world begins to feel the same and I find it hard to continue when I've already done everything in a another world   ( 1300 day world+ 2 400-600 day world's)

I want to come back to this game and really love it again. For those people who have been around for years, how'd you move past the Burnout, because I really want to show my support and get into it again.:wilson_love:

I found that playing Forge for a bit was a good change of pace

On 2/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Try different WorldGen settings, not just default.

Are you playing on PC and not shy about using mods? In spoiler below you have some interesting (subjective assessment) DST Steam Workshop server-side mods you may fancy to try out.

Reveal hidden contents

1) WorldGen altering mods, macro-packs that alter a lot your generated worlds:

•  Megarandom world generation - provides a lot of content not only from Caves-on-Surface, but also has special unique biomes with special creatures, and more; but careful in using it, may generate conflicts with other mods that could result in crashes;

•  Tropical Experience | The Volcano Biome - adds contents from Hamlet, Shipwrecked, The Gorge, The Forge plus not-implemented elements;

•  Uncompromising Mode - mod-pack not only increasing the risk-reward for players that have mastered DST (macro world, mobs, and character re-balances included), but also provides new, special content; a slight minus, aside quite increased difficulty, is the fact it may end up feeling as a giant battle arena mobs/bosses wave-based experience and art on special elements may be a bit sub-par in relation to DS/T;

•  [DST] Legion - mod pack providing a variety of plants, mobs and bosses with special mechanics, also new complex weapons, foods and more; new Moon and Cave content too;

•  Cherry Forest - generates a beautiful big island on par with Moon Isle, with special trees, plants, mobs, sounds and more, offering a soothing experience; special foods and mini/bosses included.

2) special WorldGen micro-challenges:

•  The Islands - survive in a custom series-of-islands world gen: try and yeet the Dragonfly, survive or kill Shadow Pieces, and more;

•  Minimalist Challenge - survive a micro-island environment with very limited resources as much as you can; try and kill Klaus when the time arrives; hunt MacTs; go against Bee Queen if the micro gen spawns her; and see how you deal with seasonal Giants in roughly 1-screen-island where you need to camp all-year-round;

3) Individual mobs, special set-pieces or various actions-inducing mods:

•  Witching Hour - generates a particular peninsula in your world with a special house and mob, the trader pig Witch (and her cat) who accepts live animals for new/particular crafting recipes. Provides Elder mandrakes and Ro Bin as well. For added fun.. slap/punch/mush the trader's cat to see.. magic happening *wink*;

•  Whispering Wisespy - spawns around your world cute shadow owl-like creature and their nests; they're.. mostly harmless. You can also adopt one from Rock Den as pet;

•  Glimmer and Family for DST - provides a female equivalent of Glommer trough a special crafted Statue, the Glimmer; makes "Glimmer Sap", a healing and sanity-raising substance; can spawn babies with Glommer (can adjust rates of birth, difficulty of recipe, as well as number of total Glommers/Glimmers);

•  Koalefanta Proboscidea - more Koalefant types to discover and hunt, with various bons/cons, plus adjacent cute elements;

•  Sweet House - fancy the Hamlet's Slanty Shanty house and its mechanics? Then try this mod - provides not only one, but 4 types (at moment of this post) of houses with diverse indoor decor plus adjacent builds;

•  Adshovel - want to transplant all manner of weeds and bushes from around world into your base? Look no further, with this little mod you can cram in your camp all the plants your horticulturist heart desires; pests not included;

•  Hamlet Stuff - contains a lot of... wait for iiiiit: Hamlet stuff! Statues, Houses, turf, decor, builds and more. But just cosmetics and decorative.

4) Some character mods, an assorted blend quite nicely balanced I reckon:

•  Womp, The Abyssal - a walking Tentacle who's main stats' mechanic gravitates around wetness;

•  Charlie: Stranger Newer Powers - the Grue assistant, now as a character; character skins included;

•  Weston the Wandering Cactus - a walking Cactus; very good in Summer, horrendous in Winter; is a cactus, hence mobs that mush it also get damage;

•  Devon, the Hunter - yes, the classic "nimble but weak" archetype (50 hp, 100 hunger that drains slowly, and 50 sanity draining quickly at night, 1.5x speed), with a special caveat: Panic Attacks - randomly he may lose sanity. A LOT of sanity. And considering he has only 50 of it, expect to be insane most times, more so during boss fights;

•  Wort, The Shambling Fungus - a walking... you guessed it, mushroom; has some pretty interesting and fun stats plus mechanics for quite different game-play;

•  Wythe, the Shadow Fencer - a character centered on sanity manipulation to gain bons/cons; has special builds around NF;

•  Jelliet, the Slime Girl - a slime character without Hunger stat, but burns her health instead; gets 1/2 value from foods as HP; can spawn slime minions;

•  Gawr Gura - are you into the new VTuber phenomenon? Here's the perfect character for your fetish liking *thumbs-up* Even if not interested in VT, still this character may be fun thanks to her stats, and the fact is an Ocean-oriented folk;

•  Reign of Runts - finally, as the proverbial "best for last", have you ever wondered how would be to roam the Constant as a giant? A mini-giant at that, a character Runt Deerclops, Bearger, MooseyGoosey, or angry MiniFly? Wonder no more, this must surely be the mod for you - beautiful art, fun mechanics, amusement assured; or, at least, try it - (probably) will be to your fancies.

But most of it, as others suggested, try public servers, more-so the various communities variety. And not just Survival, but Endless and Wilderness as well. Playing with random people really shifts your game focus a lot and provides plenty of entertainment (plus shenanigans).

Special note: play different characters and have different play styles.

I agree with what  V said.   Try some of the modded servers.  Try the forge, Starving floor, Gorge there are so many.  It might make the game new again for you. 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:27 AM, Erineyes7 said:

how'd you move past the Burnout

you just dont play the game for some time. i usually play dst in waves. few months until late night hours, then i stop playing and move to another game. then when i get burnout for that another game, i switch to yet another and maybe thats the turn for dst

Archived