Dont Starve Together Adventures Mode: Through the Portal

You guys must be skimming over my posts or something and not fully reading them.

there’s only ever ONE or TWO Server shards active at any given time in this version of Adventures Mode.

This is an alternative game mode you choose to host- similar to Suvival, Endless and Wilderness. Forget Dedicated and Klei Official servers those don’t exist: This mode will be unavailable for them.

The HOST of Adventures Mode has final say over if you move to the next chapter or not, your playing in THEIR World and your there to help them progress their Adventure (host your own if you don’t want to unwillingly progress without your permission it’s not that complicated..)

However the INTERESTING part in this is once you DO move from Chapter One to Chapter Two: An entire new world, with entirely new craftable items, and entirely new mobs, biomes and unique weather hazards are present here.

For Example: Chapter One is default Standard Dont Starve: The TWO Shards running at any given time are Forest & Caves. But once you accomplish the task open the portal and travel through- Chapter One is deleted and no longer Running Forest and Caves, it’s instead Running for example: Under Water Snorkeling Biomes as Chapter Two’s Forest: And an even deeper Forge like Volcanic underground biome as chapter two’s version of Caves Content.

The TL:DR- it’s not trying to pull anymore than two shards at any given time, the next chapter has its OWN set of shards that delete and replace the last chapters. 

IT CAN BE DONE... We just have to stop trying to cram everything into a single limited shard or two: and instead- let the next chapters shards overwrite & replace the previous chapters.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:25 PM, bruhmoment23 said:

I think you're a bit too much excited for something that's probably a red herring regarding that perspective. It would be A LOT more tedious and chaotic in multiplayer. Sure, i suppose it would be "fun", but what exactly would you even get from finishing this "dst adventure mode 2 electric boogaloo" in the first place? To me atleast, this doesn't make much sense to exist with any real benefits other than "looking pretty with different biomes and challenge" in the multiplayer version. Being able to do it solo without any other players wouldn't make a lot of sense either, so personally i'm not really sold out on this idea. It would just feel like some sort of rat race imo.

What do you get from doing anything in dst? You’d get the same from accomplishing this. Fun is the point.

And guys, Klei could get weird. You could have new npc villages like mctusks or something weirder like bipedal batalisks hostile or not, all evil pig towns with and evil pig king to defeat to progress, the biomes could look different, the water could, they could give us twisted versions of anything they like. Island chains, black and white worlds, frozen or dark worlds like in the original.

Basically you’d take your server with you, the original world would be gone just like DS, and you’d go on strange new adventures and you could either stay in a sandbox you like, or keep moving until you reach Charlie’s world for the win.

I want to see a mctusk village. Do they have a regent? I want to know. They wouldn’t all have blowdarts obviously.

it’s all Pie in the sky, but man, it would add a lot of variety and increase the fun, and if they let us choose our world and the order, I bet you’d find a world you want to play a whole game in. 

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys must be skimming over my posts or something and not fully reading them.

there’s only ever ONE or TWO Server shards active at any given time in this version of Adventures Mode.

This is an alternative game mode you choose to host- similar to Suvival, Endless and Wilderness. Forget Dedicated and Klei Official servers those don’t exist: This mode will be unavailable for them.

The HOST of Adventures Mode has final say over if you move to the next chapter or not, your playing in THEIR World and your there to help them progress their Adventure (host your own if you don’t want to unwillingly progress without your permission it’s not that complicated..)

However the INTERESTING part in this is once you DO move from Chapter One to Chapter Two: An entire new world, with entirely new craftable items, and entirely new mobs, biomes and unique weather hazards are present here.

For Example: Chapter One is default Standard Dont Starve: The TWO Shards running at any given time are Forest & Caves. But once you accomplish the task open the portal and travel through- Chapter One is deleted and no longer Running Forest and Caves, it’s instead Running for example: Under Water Snorkeling Biomes as Chapter Two’s Forest: And an even deeper Forge like Volcanic underground biome as chapter two’s version of Caves Content.

The TL:DR- it’s not trying to pull anymore than two shards at any given time, the next chapter has its OWN set of shards that delete and replace the last chapters. 

IT CAN BE DONE... We just have to stop trying to cram everything into a single limited shard or two: and instead- let the next chapters shards overwrite & replace the previous chapters.

Yeah I like this. As long as it has the tools to survive in each, we’re gold.

I just want to klei to have fun and get strange with it. 

I just want someone to confirm or deny my theory that we wouldn’t ever NEED anymore than Two server shards running at any given time. 

And that if NEW shards overwrite & completely replace the Old ones that we could “Potentially” have near infinite amounts of worlds and content.

I mean yes.. that would obviously be a TON of Coding and development work on Klei’s Behalf: BUT- Would it be possible?

In our current situation Xbox One & PS4 are extremely limited to how big our worlds can be or how many resources we can have- And the more content Klei tries to cram into a single shard: The worse that’s only gonna get on us.

So my purposed solution: was to have NEW shards overwrite and replace the PREVIOUS ones as we progress through campaign chapters or One Way trip Portals (where you can never return to the previous world)

It sounds nice when typed at least. :( I’m no game developer, I’m not even a Game Mod creator- 

but I would absolutely love it if a dev or mod creator could confirm or deny if this is even at all technically possible.

Maybe someone who does modding can even start fooling around with trying to DO something like this: Infinite Worlds where each one way trip portal takes you to a brand new shard that completely overwrites & replaces the previous shard.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want someone to confirm or deny my theory that we wouldn’t ever NEED anymore than Two server shards running at any given time. 

And that if NEW shards overwrite & completely replace the Old ones that we could “Potentially” have near infinite amounts of worlds and content.

I mean yes.. that would obviously be a TON of Coding and development work on Klei’s Behalf: BUT- Would it be possible?

In our current situation Xbox One & PS4 are extremely limited to how big our worlds can be or how many resources we can have- And the more content Klei tries to cram into a single shard: The worse that’s only gonna get on us.

So my purposed solution: was to have NEW shards overwrite and replace the PREVIOUS ones as we progress through campaign chapters or One Way trip Portals (where you can never return to the previous world)

It sounds nice when typed at least. :( I’m no game developer, I’m not even a Game Mod creator- 

but I would absolutely love it if a dev or mod creator could confirm or deny if this is even at all technically possible.

Maybe someone who does modding can even start fooling around with trying to DO something like this: Infinite Worlds where each one way trip portal takes you to a brand new shard that completely overwrites & replaces the previous shard.

I mean I don’t see why you would? You move from one and you all go to the new world, and the old world is gone. You keep you recipes and inventory but it’s a fresh start for the most part. DS was also one way.

Archived