Wilson rework?

8 hours ago, xxXolot said:

Other interesting tweak I can think of is maybe he can have insanity aura when he has full of beard that applies to everyone but himself, because his beard is probably pretty gross to everyone else / beard is associated with insanity.

I think Wilson's insanity aura should be -400/m like Deerclops.

I've thought about a way to give Wilson a "default" perk that is both useful and lore friendly.

After being on the nightmare throne I think he may have parted with some knowledge. The knowledge of what "particles" the constant is made of and how to use them as building blocks. 

The Law of Conservation of Mass dictates that an object cannot be created from nothing, and if deconstructed, said object will be reduced to components whose sum is equal in mass. 

What if Wilson had his own structure which allowed him to perform real alchemy? No, not the alchemy engine... He could for example transform twigs to grass and vise versa. Items of the same "tier" could be swapped around to suit the camps current needs. Using thelucite (like a philosopher stone) as fuel would allow for more outlandish results for the cost:

1. Nightmare fuel + log = living log

2. Meat/monster meat + wool = pig skin

The examples above are only demonstrative and what I thought up on a moments notice. The point is, swapping one material for another without breaking the in-game economy. 

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I've thought about a way to give Wilson a "default" perk that is both useful and lore friendly.

After being on the nightmare throne I think he may have parted with some knowledge. The knowledge of what "particles" the constant is made of and how to use them as building blocks. 

The Law of Conservation of Mass dictates that an object cannot be created from nothing, and if deconstructed, said object will be reduced to components whose sum is equal in mass. 

What if Wilson had his own structure which allowed him to perform real alchemy? No, not the alchemy engine... He could for example transform twigs to grass and vise versa. Items of the same "tier" could be swapped around to suit the camps current needs. Using thelucite (like a philosopher stone) as fuel would allow for more outlandish results for the cost:

1. Nightmare fuel + log = living log

2. Meat/monster meat + wool = pig skin

The examples above are only demonstrative and what I thought up on a moments notice. The point is, swapping one material for another without breaking the in-game economy. 

Sounds like a mod.

49 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Sounds like a mod.

Hmmm... Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I hear that get thrown around abit even on things klei develops themselves. I've heard Wagstaff's inventions get called mods, Wormwood called a mod character, hamlet homes called mods, etc, etc. Is it unbalanced? Out of place? Not within reason? Im afraid the meaning is lost on me. Also, people bring realism into the game when considering balance all the time despite the multitude of unrealistic elements in the game. 

Though I'm only presenting a concept, it doesn't have to be take literally. In away, the multitude of already in effect crafting stations in game act on the same principle. You take materials and craft items requiring the present structure as a "lab" of sorts. The resulting refined item is the sum of its components. Shadow flowers turn into nightmare fuel, wood turns into logs, etc, all this despite no actual "processes" being acted upon by the survivors (woodworking, blacksmithing, etc). I don't believe it is out of place at all.

Edit: If turning loose rocks into one slab isn't alchemy, lol, then I dont know what is.

39 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Wilson's lack of a downside would matter more if characters like WX, Wolfgang, and Wicker had downsides that were impactful in the slightest.

I always found Wicker's inability to sleep to rapidly regain health and sanity a pretty significant drawback, actually. Maybe it's just my particular playstyle.

Either way, yes, I think Wilson needs something done, because as is he's effectively just plain inferior to some other characters, and I feel meat effigies don't matter that much when it's relatively easy to churn out life giving amulets once red hounds start coming in larger droves.

10 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

Wilson's lack of a downside would matter more if characters like WX, Wolfgang, and Wicker had downsides that were impactful in the slightest.

Weird how you only list the meme trio instead of basically everyone... Didn't even include Wendy who literally has no downsides cuz she's not in the meme trio.

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Weird how you only list the meme trio instead of basically everyone... Didn't even include Wendy who literally has no downsides cuz she's not in the meme trio.

I'm not used to playing with Vanilla Wendy to be honest, I forgot how insane Klei made her after they made a bad snap call to over buff her.

Archived