As base game fan: IMHO the current DLC Terra is too hard for beginners, spawning with 2x110 Celsius water and several volcanoes - Really looking forward to more world generation settings as in the base game + of course the option setting to start with a big map + option setting to deactivate the "2nd deck" ( Teleporter ).

I miss Regolith so much, its so boring playing without Regolith.

BTW 1-3 times every hour a dupe gets stuck on some asteroid on some new built ladder, nerve wrecking bug which I had encountered something like 50 times in playing the latest DLC version for 20 hours. Its normally best to let the dupe die, instead of the construction hassle of trying to get him back on to the ladder surface.

3 minutes ago, babba said:

IMHO the current DLC Terra is too hard for beginners, spawning with 2x110 Celsius water and several volcanoes

It highly depends on the seed though. If the geysers are close a newbie will have trouble managing them. But if they spawn further they aren`t a problem. I made a base where i played pretty recklessly and the base didn`t overheat on it`s own until 200 cycles in. Even opening a vlocano didn`t cause a problem as it just buried itself back in solidified magma and the heat didn`t go too far.

What we could use though is a midgame cooling solution as we only have ice fans early and steam turbine setups late. A simple to setup midgame building would work wonders for new players even if it`s horribly inefficient. Imagine a buildable wheezewort that needs power and some sort of resource it uses up. Even if it was burning a lot of hard to renew stuff it would be a grce for all the players that can`t reliably set up late game cooling systems.

Something like a 1x 10 celsius and 1x 110 celsius would be ok IMHO, putting 2x110 celsius does not make much sense from my point of view. Dupes don`t like to live in 110 celsius and 2x110 celsius is the default water source in DLC Terra since long time now.

I was hoping to find and uncover some cold geyser ( cold = 30 Celsius or lower ) or something, but its still the same hard coded 3 tile wide volcanoes.

The 2nd deck "Teleporter" IMHO is nice to get people trained on how to manage multiple asteroids and how to transport resources - However, I still find the base game big map ( as possible DLC start option ) much more entertaining. I would really welcome a world generation setting to go big optionally.

You basically never need any cooling early game (your own fault for choosing volcanea; it's literally said to be for more experienced players)

I would say just bumping up the amount of wheezeworts accessible, or somehow make the wheezewort seeds renewable would be enough for mid game.

5 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Terra is DLC easy compared to Swamp. :sure:

I am so hungry for world generation settings in the game. IMHO the DLC and the base game are still 2 different games. Hopefully Klei presents us what everyone wants by Summer :p Terra was always the easiest of all asteroids and Klei started that it shall be like that in the past - Terra is currently a 2x110 Celsius + volcanoes minimap hack + 2nd deck rip up in my opinion.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, babba said:

IMHO the current DLC Terra is too hard for beginners, spawning with 2x110 Celsius water and several volcanoes

I agree with this general idea. I think the player should have a options as part of game set-up that influences heat management difficulty. A big part of this would include the choice of starting planet. The planet(s) with ideal survival chances should have balanced sources of permanent hot and cold.

Personally I would add a cold fresh water spring to Terra. An instantly useful source of water that isn't also a heat source.

It could go as far as to allow players to customise the starting planets with geysers of their choice.

Archived