A New World Type - Gas Worlds, Water Worlds

Though it would need to include it's own set of mechanics having a landing sight on a world in an expanse of gas in all directions and little to no rock in the debris, but with thick clouds beneath and super high gas pressures to try to attempt protecting the colony from.

Maybe the animals and plants would be balloon like and accumulate the dust in the gasses into sand, gravel and / or metals.

Weather might be an element that adds small amounts of debris to the world, and tech could be added to screen the gasses for materials to use. With something for sorting sand to get small amounts of metal or stone (kind of like gold panning).

There needs to be at least enough solid ground to land though. I was thiinking about a map with an outside atmosphere that wouldn`t lose gas to the void. It could make gas planetoids possible. Water worlds would be cool as well. Just a giant ocean on top of the planetoid with a little island you can land on. Could contain precious resources deep underwater or serve as a water source for other worlds.

49 minutes ago, pether said:
1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

There needs to be at least enough solid ground to land though.

No, it doesn't.

But we would need to have some non-ground landers to explore them

What do you mean it doesn't..? Dupes need ground otherwise they fall. Could they float..? (normally float, no bugs involved)  :lol:

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

What do you mean it doesn't..? Dupes need ground otherwise they fall. Could they float..?

Why not?

I am ofc talking about endgame techs, hovercraft lander  (floater?) and underused jet suits. Yes, you would require advanced tech to land and explore such planet, yes, it would be risky, yes, you could stuck there and before you could land your rocket and fly back your dupe might die... But nobody says all planets should be easy! I'd like to see different challenges on different planets, very hot is one thing, full of gas is another.

Archived